Works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am taking this supplement to raise me progesterone levels. It takes awhile to work (at least 3 months). After for months my progesterone levels had doubled. It was still not as high as I need them but am continuing to take this supplement.

High quality vitex supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this supplement to help lengthen my menstrual cycles, which are fairly regular but too short. I am also taking the Yogi Tea Women's Energy (Dong Quai) tea, red raspberry leaf tea, B vitamins and evening primrose oil, and keeping weekly acupuncture appointments. So far, the vitex supplement seems to be helping (less PMS, more fertile cervical mucus), though I can't draw any firm conclusions since I'm doing other things at the same time. The quality of the supplement seems very high. The packaging is lovely, too. I can't say whether it is effective, but it feels comfortably gentle to me.

Caution

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Ok this product works (length of periods and period pain) BUT be careful and ensure you have spoken to a naturopath and been prescribed vitex. It really impacted my moods in a BAD way, almost to the point of depression. Plus unexplained weight gain! Do your research on the strength of this herb. It works well for some but you will find others have significant side effects as I did.

pros and cons

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

cons- i'm giving 3 stars because i kept breaking out w/cystic acne with this. i stopped taking and my face cleared. i was on this for 3 months so i gave it a fair shot. this also decreased my sex drive :( pros- less bloating and backache during pms, decreased appetite and regular cycle. when used w/evening primrose(1000 mg) they seemed to work together and my skin looked better because of the evening primrose. it's when i ran out that i noticied the cons w/the vitex. other than that i love gaia herbs! great company just wished the vitex berry would've worked better for me.

Very strong!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a great herb, but I found it to be way too strong. I had some side effects from it. I have taken the capsules of dried vitex in the past and found them to be better tolerated.

Cured My Acne!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking vitex to help raise my progesterone levels and prevent cystic hormonal acne. I noticed positive results within a few weeks of taking this. It's been about 5 months now and my skin is 100% clear and menstrual cycles are more regular. I absolutely recommend this for anyone with similar issues.

Gaia Herbs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love its quality. No artificial fillers. All natural. I have been taking it for years and I will continue to take it. I found that this is the best Vitex on the market.

Hormonal balance

Posted by SunDownSeede on Jan 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This has got to be one of the best quality products for hormonal support. I had tried various hormonal supports only to be frustrated with barely working products. I use this with my Evening Primrose Oil and it seems to be me in a more of balance. I have PCOS and flattened pituitary.

It works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2016 | Verified Purchase

My period stopped two month ago but I take 2 capsules daily pending the result. It works within a week. Great for woman's health.

Excellent during PMS to increase progesterone

Posted by PurplePegasus on Apr 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Works fast. I use this to reduce the toxic effects of excess estrogen which exacerbate the worst of PMS symptoms. This works to decrease the toxic load of xenoestrogens. I like Gaia Herbs liquid pills, they work faster than the rest.

1 2 3 4