Best tasting, No Burping

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have tried Swansons, Carlsons, etc but I always come back to this one. Taste is great, I don't burp fish for the next 4 hrs, and I most like the fact that the Vitamin A is all natural. From what I have been able to find out, even though everyone loves the Carlsons, their Vitamin A has been removed and they have added back the synthetic Vitamin A to their Cod Liver Oil . I sent Carlsons 3 emails and they will not answer me concerning their Vitamin A. Therefore, I assume theirs has synthetic Vitamin A.

not olde enough

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Like all modern cod liver oil,it is too processed to be really effective but my dogs like it.I want the old fashion and stinky stuff and its not easy to get.Only one place to find it and it's pricy.Green pasture brand and really has a strong odor so most would hate it.Green pastures clo reminds me of vietnamese fish sauce.If you can handle that,go for it.This olde world clo isn't that bad for a cheap product but you must take it with butter or coconut oil to make it work best.Don't take my word for it.Look it up on the internet.

This is the very best!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have used this brand for several years now. It really works. I am very glad that they do not clean it like other brands that are reputed to be good. Something feels like it's missing that I get from this. I even prefer it to more expensive brands of high vitamin cod liver oils recommended by Weston A Price Foundation's website. What a great anti-inflammatory this is. I notice it if I don't remember to take it. Highly recommended.

More nutritious/taste very minty

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I bought Garden of Life over Carlson's because of its superior Vit A content in comparison. It also lists the Omega 3 amt (Carlson does not), and it doesn't add synthetic vitamins (Carlson's does). The mint taste can be somewhat overpowering - all you taste is the mint. There is a slight fishy aftertaste. Overall, it's a tasty way to get your vitamins and EFAs in their most natural form.

Perfect natural remedy for arthritis

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Not very many people are aware of many wondeful benefits of cod liver oil. A very imprtant one is healing of the joint inflammation and the pain associated with this disease. One table spoon a day and your arthritis is gone for good.

The best I've had!

Posted by healthydoesit on Aug 27, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Cod liver oil. What can I say? This stuff is incredible. The benefits of cod liver oil have been known for so long, yet most people don't know a thing about it. This liquid helps in treating so many ailments and diseases all on its own. It has great anti-inflammatory properties, and since most disease is caused by inflammation, you can imagine the results you'll feel by taking cod liver oil. It's also a great natural antidepressant and many people in rainy and gloomy states/countries rely on CLO to keep their levels high so they can remain happy even when the sun doesn't shine for months. Cod liver oil is also a natural in boosting your immune system, so colds and flus stay away or last only a day or two. I could go on and on about the benefits, but just try it for yourself or ask your grandparents or elderly friends about this treasure that was a staple in most homes back in the day before everyone ran to the doc for antibiotics. This particular brand is wonderful with high potency D. It's very affordable and the taste is great. The texture may get some taking used to by a few people, as it is oil after all, but it's nothing like some other fish oils. This has a light minty lemon flavor that I don't mind at all. It's actually a bit refreshing. Just a teaspoon every morning and you're good to go. If my review helped you, please check the yes box below. Take a look at my page for more than 150 honest reviews on products I've purchased right here on iherb!

faithful to product, Infection fighter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This brand of cod liver oil is a real infection fighter all other brands did nothing for relief and fast, immediate relief. talk about a tooth ache. I have a broken wisdom tooth that started to ache I took the product held it in my mouth where the tooth was and then swallowed. five minutes the pain stated to subside and then there was no pain and it actually felt as though i had a shot of novacaine. that night i was able to go to sleep pain free.

Highest amount of Vit A

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This CLO is the highest concentrate of Vitamin A which I am taking 3 servings a day to help combat cystic acne. I also take additional Vitamin D and Vitamin K (all fat soluble vitamins). The mint flavor is nice but it is still fishy tasting.

A Good Find

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Good amount of servings in this bottle and I like that this product has natural vitamin A rather than synthetic vit A added after the extraction process. Hard to find other brands that offer this. The mint flavour is quite strong as I can still 'taste' / 'feel it in my breath hours after consuming it. It keeps well in the fridge too as my last bottle sat in there after being opened for about 4 months and was still not rancid after that length of time. Recommend.

good price and quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

a pleasant tasting oil that easily challenges the likes of nordic naturals and carlson's cod varieties. all the natural state vitamins remain intact and are in adequate amounts. i drink this stuff come winter time when the sun hides all day