Great for my dog with IBD

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have a Great Dane puppy with IBD. This means frequent loose stools, and difficulty maintaining proper weight. I have tried a variety of probiotics. Most made no difference. Dr. Ohhira's probiotic worked OK, but this one, Primal Defense HSO Probiotic Formula, is AMAZING. For the first time ever my dog's poop is perfectly formed. I have waited a week to make sure that this was not just a coincidence. It isn't. For dosing: I sprinkle one scoop over every meal, which means three times a day.

A total lifesaver!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product for my cat with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Since using this product,there has been a drastic change in her health. She isn't on conventional meds, just this and a few supplments. Before the Primal Defense I thought there was a chance we would lose her, not anymore. I also have a litter of kittens. 1 kitten became extremely ill, and I used the Primal Defense on the whole litter. The ill kitten recovered wonderfully, and the other kittens didn't get sick. They now take it daily. As do all of my cats. I also am able to give it to my kids, and husband, and our helath is improving! I highly recommend this product for humans and animals. I also loved how quickly iherb got it to me! Thanks for the excellent product and service.

great to be able to find soil based organisms

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

human health has evolved from having a daily supply of soil based organisms - from eating bits of dirt off freshly pulled carrots and drinking stream and well water. Our society has become obsessed with hygeine, and has killed so many beneficial micro organisms. Soil based organisms are integral to gut health. Some folks insist that in order for soil based organismsto make a difference, a high population of good bacteria must already be present in the gut. So start with taking a theraputic dose of probiotics for several months before adding soil based organisms in. Then you may see a difference in your health/digestion

Wouldn't be without it

Posted by marsrain on Aug 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am now on my third Primal Defense Powder and along with making my diet relatively free of gluten six months ago, I am now free of constipation, gas and bloating which I had suffered with for years - so I can definitely recommend it, just give it time though - I started on one dose a day for a couple of weeks and went onto just two a day. I will be staying on this product as long as iHerb keeps supplying it at such a reasonable price. I have found iHerb very reliable. Debra, Australia

Primal Defense

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the best, non-dairy, pro-biotic available. I am lactose intolerant, and I ate dairy for 24 years before I figured that out! Needless to say, my body was not in the best condition. I have experienced great digestive benefits from using this product, and I have seen it benefit at least 4 other people as well. Whether as a supplement or as a medicine for a particular disease, it is very effective.

Garden of Life, PRimal Defense Powder, 81g

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Easy to mix with juice. Gentle on the tummy. I never take all of what is recommended for any probiotic product as I do have a reaction. I do feel it is working as my candida has not returned and my digestion is quiet. Service from iherb on my order was wonderful. Thank you.

* * * *

Posted by NarnianGirl on Apr 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It's still early to speak of actual results, but I would like to believe that the positive reviews are accurate and the health benefits will manifest later. Tastes OK in a smoothie (like oat grass), so no problems in that area. I can't figure out how someone managed to make cultured milk with this though - I tried, and my milk certainly did not turn sour/ kefir in taste.. So no replacement to my kefir starter.

Primal Defense Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

If I could take only one supplement this would be it! It has been a true miracle product for my digestive system - for comfort and functionality.

looks like dirt...but works great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Our son's constipation problems have been helped enormously since starting this probiotic! Be warned and serve in a very cold drink in a cup with a straw and a lid so children can't see it! It really does look gross. iherb's price beats everyone else on the internet.

Good product

Posted by adechamplain on Jul 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I started with this product not so long ago but saw an immediate difference with my bowel movements. I'm only taking it once a day in the morning and find it convenient as it doesn't need refrigeration. Garden of life makes fantastic products of great quality but I do believe it's important to change probiotics every now and then to give your bowel a full spectrum of various bacterias.