Help

effective, therapeutic grade probiotic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Garden of Life sells one of the few brands of therapeutic grade probiotics in the U.S. If you are trying to heal your gut, this is a good one. Be sure to progress gradually though, and be aware of die off symptoms--which are obnoxious, but tell you it is working! I noticed some reviewers complained of these symptoms but didn't seem to realize why they were experiencing them. If you begin feeling fatigued, headachy, flu-ish, gastro-intestinal upset, moody, get rashy or acne, etc..., it means large numbers of pathogenic bacteria and yeast are dying in your body and your body is trying to get rid of the toxic load. Cut back to one less capsule, drink lots of water, and when you start feeling better, add a capsule again and give it another go. A therapeutic level is one capsule below what causes die off symptoms for you. Eliminating starches and complex sugars along with probiotic therapy will go very far in healing serious gut issues and seemingly unrelated issues to gut health (food allergies, learning and behavior problems, depression, auto-immune disorders, etc...). Read Gut and Psychology Syndrome, by Natasha Campbell McBride to learn more about gut health and it's influence on the brain and body.

Not Just Probiotics

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After spending much money on probiotics like Primal Defense & Dr Ohhira and taking them even in fairly large doses but not achieving true resolution of my long-standing IBS/IBD, June last year I started eating raw garlic 3 times daily with meals. My colon pain and discomfort was significantly improved after a month and I continue taking raw garlic even now. I came to the conclusion that bad intestinal bacteria had been one of the main culprits in such an intestinal disease and for this garlic definitely excels probiotics in killing them. A month back after reading clinical reports on Resveratrol for colitis in mice, I ordered the supplement - mostly Country Life brand - from iHerb and after 1 month of taking 200-300mg daily, my illness was further improved and quite dramatically to the point that I am almost completely normal.

Did nothing for my candida

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I know for a fact I have a serious candida problem as I've been having bowel movements that look like they're wrapped in white cobwebs a few times a month for over a year now. Also have full body symptoms too numerous to list here. I was basically a walking dead person for many months until recently. I tried this last summer at the highest recommended dose and it did basically nothing to help me. Strangely, the cheaper knockoff from Now Foods had more of an effect. I have had the most success to date with a combination of a prescription antifungal, Interfase, EDTA, VSL probiotic, high dose Laterosporus and Clark liver flushes. If you have candida as entrenched as I do, give this a try but don't expect much.

Garden of Life, Primal Defense Ultra 216 Caps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have ordered the above product the 2nd time now. Each time it arrived in Australia around 2 weeks with US airmail. The postage is only $4.00, it is speedy and reliable and arrived in excellent condition. Iherb is an trust worthy company, selling products at a good price with affordable shipping options. I have constipation for many many years, at age 51, I am at my wits ends. Also I have CFS. I tried many high strength probiotic from Sydney, but the effect are just so so. This Primal Defense Ultra was recommanded by a friend and I only take 2 in the middle of night after I get up for a pee(empty stomach), next morning, I can feel the urge and empty more complete, it is much better than any probiotic I have ever taken and I have taken quite a few different brands. I kept them in fridge anyway even they said you do not need to. I am going to take it LONG LONG term, as it helps with so many things, and healthy guts means good health. And the price is cheaper than those I get from Sydney anyway. Best Regards Alice W

side effects...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I started taking 1 a day and 2 on a second day... and kept it at 4-5 by the end of the week. then quickly reduced it to only 1 pill a day. Even on 1 pill, I started feeling sleepy fatigued and drained. it feels like it's really irritating my stomach. I can take only 1 pill and i would feel fatigued for the whole day. I thought it was the die offs.. it partly is, however, I noticed my stomach started to hurt. I think this stuff was ready to cause heartburn. I did experience stomach burning and short episodes of acid reflux. (usually burning/cramp feeling leads to reflux due to digestion impairment) I have taken this product to manage stomach muscle spasms, it does seem to work to reduce spasms, side effects are not something I can deal with... since I have an chronic ulcer problems. I would not recommend that you don't have ulcer or sensitive stomach when taking this product. This product is not for everyone, I would recommend that you try a smaller volume of PD before you buy a stockpile.

Definite Improvement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These seem to work better when you get built up to 3 a day. I noticed a big improvement when I started taking one in a.m., one around mid-day and another before I go to bed. My B.M.'s are more consistent and I have less gas. I'm sure there are other benefits that I am not recognizing yet, but I definitely feel better. When taking just two in a day I didn't notice as much difference, so make sure you take enough and give them a chance if you try them.

IBS, etc sufferers take notice!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

These are REALLY potent in a good way. Used to have intestinal issues, but after taking these for 2 months with Vit D supplement, I am 100% better. I used to take PB8, which are decent, but these seem to be stronger.

best i've tried

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

i have tried EVERY probiotic--this one is the best.

Great probiotic

Posted by katmakiah on Jan 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This normalized my digestion and gave me back a normal BM. I'd been sick for about 2 years when I switched from PB-8 to Primal Defense Ultra and it worked immediately. I took 3 a day for a couple of weeks. Now I take 1 a day.

The best so far!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is the ultimate probiotic that really works. I can empty well every day and no more bloating. I started with 1 per day and now up to 3 per day. That is all I need. Do not give up if you experience some side effects at the early stage. That may mean it is doing its job to clear up your guts (bad bacteria). You will feel a lot better after 1 week or so. I have tried many brands of probiotic and this is the one I would highly recommend. Some do not work at all and some are very expensive. This one works and quite affordable.