Reluctant buyer, won me over

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking probiotics for many years now to combat systemic candidiasis. I was a little skeptical about this one when I saw the color of the capsules (brownish green) but it has been excellent at keeping a healthy balance in my system. I can definitely tell when I have missed a day or two. It has done more for me than the others I have tried.

This product saved me from colon surgery

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have tried many different probiotics to try to deal with my ulcerative colitis but this is the only one that has really helped. Before using this product I was advised that I should have my colon removed. I have now been taking it for almost 2 months and am now seeing positive results. Beware that this product is quite powerful - I had to work up slowly to 12 capsules/day and had a few hiccups along the way but now I am seeing the benefits.

Ok product

Posted by Healingbyrosie on Aug 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I liked this product and used it for about a year. I found it quite effective from what I had tried before from the health stores in Australia. It seemed to work a lot better. However I started to feel like I had to take 2-4 (usually 4) per day in order to get the effectiveness that it started with . I have since moved on to Culturelle however I am planning to find a product that is much higher quality. I don't really trust the packaging claims on either product as they state the amount of bacteria present at the time of production. They don't guarantee that this amount is alive at the time you ingest the pill. I have since researched and found that a lot, if not most of them die before even reaching your mouth. I am going to switch to fermenting a lot of foods and using a probiotic that has been tested to have a high bacteria count at ingestion when I can afford it.

Highly Recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have tried other probiotics including Dr. Ohhira's which was very good, but this one is exceptional. I gave it four stars because I think they need to double the CFU. I found the optimal dose to be six capsules per day. *****UPDATE***** I initially started with three capsules per day for the first week and increased to six capsules per day for the rest of the first month. After that month I decreased the dosage back to three capsules per day for a few days and then down again to two per day taken in the middle of the day on an empty stomach about four to six hours after breakfast and it is still working perfectly. So, I am giving it five stars now.

For my sister in law to help her recover from Nectrotizing Facitiis

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Or in other words, flesh eating bacteria. In the course of her treatment she had mega doses of antibiotics. The doctor actually gave her some probiotics but they were pretty weak. I suggested this and she was willing to give this a try. Of course, I also recommended raw milk and lacto fermented foods, but she declined such healthful foods. Just remember, the seat of the immune system resides in the gut.

A great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My skin used to break out easily, especially at the forehead area. After taking this product daily, it has helped to improve my skin condition.Now, I seldom get breakouts, other than the occasional couple of pimples, which healed pretty fast. My pimples used to take a long time to heal.It also aids in my bowel movement. I give some of it to my dog too and her skin also saw improvements.

For Everyday Health

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is a must have. You can, within days, feel a difference in your physical energy. I'm big on rooting out the poisons of colon health and this is a major must have.

Primal Defense probiotics

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Primal defense is, in my estimation, the best probiotic on the market. I have tried many; even the extremely expensive ones that have to be refrigerated do not work any better, and many do not work as well.

great before and after antibiotic or hospital stay

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Only probiotic I found with Lactobacillus rhamnosus which I heard was one of the few strains beneficial against c. difficile infections, which I've had previously and it was life-threatening. Upon scheduling a surgery where I'd be taking antibiotics again, I ordered this and took faithfully before and throughout and following surgery. Not one single problem. Also want to mention this is an excellent probiotic to take on a regular basis. I take daily and it seems to be well deserving of its 5-star rating. Highly recommend, and will continue to use.

A body essential

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take 2 a day. Take in the a.m. and p.m. without food. I keep it in the refridgerator, although this brand doesn't require that. It maintains the right 'gut' flora and helps with food absorption.