The best meal replacement shake ever!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I having been using this product religiously for the past 1 and a half months to replace breakfast and lunch 5 days a week. I mix it with chocolate almond milk and a teaspoon of stevia. I do not feel hungry all day and I have lost over 20 pounds. Also my digestion is in perfect balance and I have great sustained energy levels. This is truly a great product!

excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is the best vegan protein I have ever tasted. Just mix one scoop with 8oz of water and stir it nicely and drink it. It is slightly sweet. As I have a very sweet tooth I add a pinch of Stevia and it tastes even better. It is very easily digestible does not cause stomach distress like other proteins do. It is a storehouse of every goodness. But never try to blend it and make a smoothie because it will taste bitter. I did this first and it was awful and I had throw it. So I just mixed with water as the instruction says and it was great. You can add a few drops of lemon to it and it will give you a variation in taste. When you drink this don't try to eat a lot of food with it. Then you won't feel great. Please have this on its own and after a while when you are hungry you eat your food. You won't go wrong. My full marks to Garden of Life for making such a great product. Thanks to Iherb for stocking it.

Great Quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I appreciate this product tremendously--it is convenient, high protein, low calories and easy to digest. In the beginning, this tasted real bad and I couldn’t do it but now I got use to it. I bring it with me when I work abroad where getting balanced, high fiber, clean-source food is a task.

Don't worry about the taste, it's fine!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've purchased a number of items from iHerb over the past year and never felt compelled to leave a review, and this is my first one. To be honest, I was afraid all of the "bad taste" reviews might be true, but I wanted to try anyway and I'm glad I did. The container has a label that says "taste delicious with unsweetened almond milk or rice milk." Because I was wary from all the other reviews, I put two scoops of the powder in a blender with two cups (the recommended amount of liquid) chocolate almond milk. The result was delicious. Yes it is grainy, but by no means was it the "sand" or "dirt" described by previous reviews. To be fair, this is my first time trying this product and Garden of Life may have changed the formula to to this current one. So long as you're not expecting Whey and Creatine, you'll be fine. Thinking the first blend might have been a bit too sugary, the second time around I mixed in half a cup of chocolate almond milk and half a cup of water; this was indeed better than the first combination. The third time I tried it with unsweetened almond milk and thought it tasted perfect. I've never tried rice milk but look forward to experimenting with that, too. Doing two scoops of powder with straight water does taste a bit different; it's more liquidy and less milky (as expected), but that seems more a matter of taste preference, and in a time crunch I wouldn't hesitate. My only issue is the price. I thought it was a bit expensive side but if you can afford it, I unreservedly recommend it.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Bought this product about a month ago and have used it as a meal replacement every morning for breakfast, and often as a replenishment formula after a grueling workout. One scoop is enough for me, keeps me full all morning long. I am currently in Korea and have trouble finding liquids to mix it with, especially those that don't have sugar. I normally mix with water or soy milk and I actually think it tastes pretty damn good. Thumbs up for Garden of Life RAW Meal Replacement! Will definitely buy again!

Will buy again

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I bought this meal replacement to up my nutrition and protein in smoothies or when I am in a hurry. It mixes easily and the taste blends well. It mixes well in carrot juice but because of the high quantity of powder used you definetly notice it in the juice but it is not chalky. It is not heavy like a regular meal but satisfying and digests well.

Tastes so horrible! Garden Of Life Raw Meal Replacement.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Garden of Life is one of my favorite companies. However, this product has a taste so horrible--like soap, that you will regret the day it was ordered. I placed it in "isolation" in the garage refrigerator. I will use it for fertilizer in the spring. Ralph Smith

Heavy Metals \m/

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This was my first order and i never get it, iHerb gave me no refound. Later i found on internet that it contains a lot of HEAVY METALS AND IS REALY A DANGEROUS PRODUCT, PLEASE SURF BEFORE BUY THIS!

fabulous ingredient list, but horrible taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was so excited about the extensive organic ingredient list this product had that I feel bad leaving a semi negative review, but....the taste of this product truly is the worst thing I have ever tried. I have a sister and sister in law that tried it and they have the same opinion. So I leave this for warning- it is not for the faint of heart!

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is probably the best meal replacement in the market that is healthy. It is nice that you can get most of the vitamin and mineral in significant amount and in natural form (100% daily value is the amount needed to provide deficiency, not optimum amount), high fiber, and high plant proteins that is highly absorbed compared to animal protein, live probiotics, enzymes, raw (no nutrients get destroyed by heat) and many other co factors that are beneficial too! The product is organic and free of artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colourings and other junk. The reviews about the taste scared a bit but I am glad that I did buy it. Seriously, it tastes mild sweet and quite nice! Sometimes, I even eat it straight without mixing with water though it is very dry. It is only possible if it is tasty! It tends to taste less sweet if mixed with water (not sure why). You can improve on the taste by mixing with chocolate blend like Amazing Gras s Chocolate or maca for sweetening. It is easy to digest and it’s quite fulfilling. Generally, it can last me about 4 hours and gives me the energy to do my work. Pricewise, it’s reasonable and comparable to the cost of a typical meal. It would be nice if the product actually list the amount of weight per ingredients. I like Garden of Life products but some of their products seem to have ingredients of minuscule amount that it seem like ‘pixel dust’ (industry term for supplement that has no effect at that low amount of weight). One obvious downside is that the powder is very hard to mix even with a blender bottle. It tends to lump together and does not break down that easily. It’s very normal to find bits of small lumps of undis solved powder here and there after finished drinking. Check out my page for more reviews!