excellent

Posted by Reviewer1684744 on Sep 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is the best vegan protein I have ever tasted. Just mix one scoop with 8oz of water and stir it nicely and drink it. It is slightly sweet. As I have a very sweet tooth I add a pinch of Stevia and it tastes even better. It is very easily digestible does not cause stomach distress like other proteins do. It is a storehouse of every goodness. But never try to blend it and make a smoothie because it will taste bitter. I did this first and it was awful and I had throw it. So I just mixed with water as the instruction says and it was great. You can add a few drops of lemon to it and it will give you a variation in taste. When you drink this don't try to eat a lot of food with it. Then you won't feel great. Please have this on its own and after a while when you are hungry you eat your food. You won't go wrong. My full marks to Garden of Life for making such a great product. Thanks to Iherb for stocking it.

Don't worry about the taste, it's fine!

Posted by 5408012518388620559 on Aug 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've purchased a number of items from iHerb over the past year and never felt compelled to leave a review, and this is my first one. To be honest, I was afraid all of the "bad taste" reviews might be true, but I wanted to try anyway and I'm glad I did. The container has a label that says "taste delicious with unsweetened almond milk or rice milk." Because I was wary from all the other reviews, I put two scoops of the powder in a blender with two cups (the recommended amount of liquid) chocolate almond milk. The result was delicious. Yes it is grainy, but by no means was it the "sand" or "dirt" described by previous reviews. To be fair, this is my first time trying this product and Garden of Life may have changed the formula to to this current one. So long as you're not expecting Whey and Creatine, you'll be fine. Thinking the first blend might have been a bit too sugary, the second time around I mixed in half a cup of chocolate almond milk and half a cup of water; this was indeed better than the first combination. The third time I tried it with unsweetened almond milk and thought it tasted perfect. I've never tried rice milk but look forward to experimenting with that, too. Doing two scoops of powder with straight water does taste a bit different; it's more liquidy and less milky (as expected), but that seems more a matter of taste preference, and in a time crunch I wouldn't hesitate. My only issue is the price. I thought it was a bit expensive side but if you can afford it, I unreservedly recommend it.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer3323667 on Jun 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Bought this product about a month ago and have used it as a meal replacement every morning for breakfast, and often as a replenishment formula after a grueling workout. One scoop is enough for me, keeps me full all morning long. I am currently in Korea and have trouble finding liquids to mix it with, especially those that don't have sugar. I normally mix with water or soy milk and I actually think it tastes pretty damn good. Thumbs up for Garden of Life RAW Meal Replacement! Will definitely buy again!

Taste gross.....but it makes me feel good

Posted by Reviewer2311278 on Apr 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been a Sun Warrior junkie for a long time...I decided to give RAW a try...OMG...it tastes like throw up....uuuggghhh!!! HOWEVER, it makes me feel good and keeps me going for awhile and for those 2 reasons...I keep drinking it. I put 2 scoops in water along with one heaping tablespoon of Spirulina and I drink with a straw really fast and then chase it with water.

Dang

Posted by 5231800612931483152 on Feb 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The list of ingredients alone is super impressive, but trying to get this inside my body is another story. I have never put anything in my mouth that instantly activated my gag reflexes like this has. The first week my husband and I tried to ingest this stuff we'd suffer through chugging with tears streaming down our faces. Besides the fact it tastes and feels like seaweed flavored lubricant, the taste really does linger in my mouth. Now it sits in our storage closet but maybe one of these days we'll get bored and try to get our money's worth out of this stuff. I'd give it one star based on taste alone, but I give it two because it does have so much in terms of nutrients... I really want to enjoy this, but dang, bro.