"Food-Based" meal replacement

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH REVIEWS on Jul 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

On my Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. This is "food-based" nutrition, and it means that all the vitamins, minerals, proteins, etc.in the supplement come from genuine food-based sources. Nutrients are supposed to come from living things. There is a solution to this. It's called "Garden of Life." Garden of Life is a brand of nutritional supplements that are made almost entirely from actual food.

You cannot drink this with water alone

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I enjoyed this with sweetened almond milk. When I first prepared this concoction of 1 scoop with 1 cup of sweetened vanilla almond milk, I was wondering why the heck it tasted so much better than last time. I then realized it was because of the almond milk AND the fact that it was chocolate, not the original flavor. With that being said, if you tried the original and didn't think much of it, I promise that the Chocolate flavor is much better in taste. However, the problem with the Garden of Life raw meals (regardless of flavor) is that it turns gelatinous quickly. It's very slimy in texture and it's probable that once it reaches that physical state, you will have a hard time drinking it. I find that I enjoy it the first few sips when it's still somewhat like "chocolate milk." This formula is so nutritious and filling that I'm going to struggle to keep on drinking it. I hope that eventually my body will start to crave the nutrients and minerals that it contains, since these days I've stopped buying eggs (my only source of animal products). It's going to be hard.

a very good meal replacement

Posted by alloriginal on Oct 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

In today's fast-paced world it's difficult to eat three square meals a day. All too often meals are skipped, or fast food alternatives are used. This is the solution to missing a meal, or eating junk: a low-calorie, nutrient-dense meal that takes literally seconds to prepare. RAW Meal is loaded with good stuff that can't be found in a bagel: plenty of protein, fiber, expensive raw foods and probiotics. It keeps the blood sugar even and hunger at bay. Taste is fair, but tolerable. An inexpensive, easy to use alternative. Please click my user name (alloriginal) for more helpful reviews gleaned from my 30+ years of supplementation.

Much Better than Expected

Posted by ReaCovery on Jan 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I just received this today and immediately made myself a shake with it. I used half unsweetened almond milk and half water with lots of ice. One scoop of this and one scoop of Now brand chocolate pea protein powder, a big kale leaf and a few frozen blueberries. Blended in electric blender for about 80 seconds. It was surprisingly quite delicious, after all the complaints I had read about the taste, I was surprised, it was much better than the shakes I had previously been making with just pea protein, kale and a few other ingredients. I've put another one of these in my cart for my next order.

Strange taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

On my opinion, this item has a very strange taste. Doesn't taste good at all. Don't know even how to finish it and where to add. My daily smoothies don't taste good with it in them, so I guess I have to throw it away.

Really Like It

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

You have to let this product grow on you. If you're looking for something smooth and creamy, this is not it. It is like what the other reviews say - grainy. It doesn't mix well unless you blend it but I've no issues with that. It doesn't taste artificially sweet either unlike some others I've tried and it does keep me full for a few hours. I've just ordered my 2nd bottle coz I'm running low on my first which I take for breakfast and dinners on some days when I have a late workout. It does a good job of keeping me full / sustained for a good 2-3 hours. I think I've found my go to shake. Haven't tried other flavors other than cacao which I've mixed with coconut water, water or freshly squeezed orange juice - all works.

Healthy and delicious!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Loving this product and it's delicious with almond milk! I recommend having this with almond milk as it tastes nicer. If it's too thick means you added too little milk so add a little bit more of almond milk and it'll taste great! It took me awhile to get used to the taste but soon you'll enjoy it like me! :) it might be grainy but like I said you'll get used to it and find it yummy sooner or later! <3

Love the price, love the product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Pea and rice protein are preferred by my body. This combination of protein and raw sprouted ingredients in addition to the veggie and fruit matter makes a delicious smoothie. I make it with half coconut milk/ half water plus a frozen banana and some peanut butter. Being a dark chocolate lover, I add 1/4 cup of 100% cocoa powder to the container which gives it a tad more chocolate flavor. The smoothie is smooth, not gritty, nor chia seeds in one's teeth. The iHerb price is significantly less than if purchased in a store. Often the shipping is free. I am pleased with both the product and the cost.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

It can fill up my stomach, and last long. A recommended product.

Taste is Great, You can sweeten a bit with Stevia or honey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Really does curb appetite AND It makes you feel very full so it's great for snack to avoid over eating ; I've lost 14 in 3 weeks so far with this and the use of vitamins ,I love it

1 2 3 4