Middle of the road until they update their label

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have taken Garden of Life Probiotics over the years, starting with Primal Defense Ultra, then switching to RAW Probiotics Men 50 & Wiser when it came out, and just recently over to the newer one (RAW Ultimate Care). I feel they do a good job of helping to regulate the digestive system, but, I would *really* like to know what I'm taking in terms of probiotics. The label lists 32 strains at 85 billion CFU (colony forming units), but it is virtually useless as it does not break down the CFU count per strain. So, there really is no way to know how much of any one strain there is in the product, or how balanced it is. For EXAMPLE, the product COULD be, say, 95% Lactobacillus plantarum, with all the other strains making up less than 5% of each capsule. We have no way of knowing, as they don't say on the label. I am of the opinion that IN GENERAL, if supplements are well balanced and have meaningful amounts of ingredients, the manufacturer would WANT to make sure it is stated on the label. If it's NOT, then it means they are CONCEALING ingredient amounts. Still, the product does seem to be very helpful and I have been a user for at least the past 4-5 years. 5 stars if they change their labeling practices.

Good for abdominal welfare

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

So is it!

Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I ended up on IV antibiotics for a 6 week term, and started taking 1 of these per day from the start of that. About 2 weeks in I forgot to take the probiotic for about 2 days, after which I developed extreme diarrhea. I took 2 caps the day I had those symptoms and the next day was back to normal. I wasn't certain these would have any real affect but I have become a believer. I have a couple of weeks to go and am taking 2 per day at this point with no issues. I would start slowly though, I used them for the first time before going onto the antibiotics and had some diarrhea that I attribute to my body growing accustomed to them.

Good stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for my husband who is suffering from ulcerative colitis. Although I bought it mostly for the probiotics in it, it is good to see the vitamins and minerals. He is doing very well on this and says that his stomach is very settled.

VERY GOOD

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Ordered wrong item, replaced quickly. Good service.

Nice Probiotics

Posted by chacho on Mar 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I used them up in three weeks due to head cold.