It contains high level of toxic heavy metal :(

Posted by Ann-Hanalyza on Nov 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Well, it has a perfect blend of protein but not very filling. The taste is quite good but the consistency is very thin. UPDATE on 3-4-2014 : If you read Natural Health News website, Mike Adam The Health Ranger did a heavy metal test on GOL Raw Protein & it's contain high level of lead, tungsten, & etc. Please go to the web site and check out the lab test. And PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION to limit the heavy metal in rice protein powder on the website. Thank you & God bless.

Great protein powder!

Posted by nattfisk on Aug 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I just ran out of my usual protein powder, and decided to give this raw protein from Garden of Life a shot. Ordered it with chocolate flavor so that my husband could try it as as well. So far I'm VERY happy with the quality, the taste and the incredible boost this product gives me. After lifting heavy weights and living on a vegan diet, but without protein powder, my body didn't heal as fast as normal. Just two days after I started taking this together with my usual post-workout smoothie, I noticed that my muscles healed quicker and that I could lift heavier weights at the gym. The only negative I have to say is that I wish that there was chocolate flavor was even more chocolaty. I love cacao, so I add an extra tablespoon of pure cacao powder to my smoothies. My post-workout smoothie that really does the trick consist of 1/2 banana, 1/2 avocado, handful of fresh sprouts, handful of fresh spinach, 1 ts bee pollen, 1 ts flax seeds, 1 ts glutamine, 1 scoop Garden of Life protein powder, 1 tbs of cacao powder and two handful of frozen berries and 1/2 cup of rice milk or juice.

Not buying again

Posted by fatnick on May 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Update: found out that the rice is sourced from China and has high levels of heavy metal contamination. Shame because I quite liked this product. Pretty good protein blend. Not sickly sweet. I bit gritty though, but that is the price you pay for non-dairy proteins.

BEST BEST BEST!!!!

Posted by sweetheart on Jan 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product is simply AMAZING! It seemed a little expensive at first but when compared to other brands this product is SO MUCH BETTER! It contains so many more good ingredients than the others and it's ORGANIC unlike most others. And it doesn't have ANY fillers! The taste is good compared to most other protein powders. It mixes VERY well: No need to use shaker when mixing with water (I haven't tried to mix with juice or milk so I don't know if they mix as well as water). Consistence is very thin and water-like because it doesn't contain gel-forming ingredients like pectin or xanthan (which I think is a good thing, of course). I highly recommend this product. I just love this brand: everything they make seem to be really good quality. They are a bit more expensive than average products but they are absolutely worth it! The price-quality-ratio is excellent in this brand!

Another good, safe protein

Posted by DoctorMav on Jan 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I prefer this to Garden of Life's unflavoured version.

I like it!

Posted by australia on Nov 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Tastes great. I mix this into a glass of milk and it can be a little grainy. Would be better in a smoothie. Has lots of great ingredients so it feels good to drink it.

Garden of Life, Raw Protein, Beyond Organic Protein Formula, Chocolate Cacao, 23 oz (650 g)

Posted by ReputableReviewer on Jul 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Add skimmed milk, not water. Skimmed milk makes it thicker and taste is better. My family is not stevia lovers, but with each day taste becomes more and more tolerable. Quality is amazing, because of these adds. Helps for muscle cramps! Contributes to bigger muscles more than others. Feed me more!

The Rolls Royce of Protein Shakes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

After using Amway's pea protein for a while, I wanted to find other alternatives that are cheaper. My first two selections on Iherb were Now Pea Protein and Source Naturals Pea Protein. Source Natural's pea protein had packaging issues, 3 out of 4 deliveries, it was contaminated as the cap completely ripped off, powder coming out, safety seal not even in place. Now Pea Protein didn't have any of the packaging issues but the texture was sandy which I didn't like. Finally I came across Garden of Life's Protein, and ever since then I've purchased atleast 3 bottles per month to use. It's just cream smooth like butter and absorbs way better (I can see the results). And the best thing is, you don't even release gas. My only fuss is the high price and the containers are only filled halfway through. If a competitor comes up with the same quality and lower price, I'll change.

So good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I bought this expecting to have to force myself to drink it but it is SO good. I'm telling you people. It's a little bit tricky to mix it completely but once you have it's really smooth and taste like almond milk chocolate or something. Delicious! Will definitely buy again!

Healthiest Protein Powder I Know!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This protein powder tastes good compared to some of the other protein powders of similar healthiness. It's the only protein powder I purchase. It's gentle on the stomach and good for people who have a lot of food allergies. I love that it has probiotics.