Be warned - has been found to be tainted with Lead, Cadmium and other heavy metals

Posted by faithjoy on Feb 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Just read in Natural News online that three different labs have verified that this Raw Protein has heavy concentrations of heavy metals in it. Very upset because I ordered the Vanilla flavor one from iHerbs last year and consumed it within 4 months - and am now wondering if my current gynaelogical problems are connected to it in any way. Have not heard it the Raw Meal is tainted as well, but I would be even more upset if it was as I feed that to my son. Waiting to see if Natural News'll publish any more findings. UPDATE: Within 24 hours, Natural News has removed their previous publication of the lab findings, and reports that GOL and SunWarrior have committed to visiting the farms from which they source brown rice and testing the water for heavy metals, and they have committed to achieving specific low limits on heavy metal content in their products. They do not contest the findings in the Natural News report, but GOL states that "Raw Protein remains and always has been safe... these results, taken at face value, report levels that are entirely safe." Go to their website or the Natural News website to read the whole thing. Because of GOL's decent and conscientious response to this problem, I'm upgrading my review from one star to two. However, any amount of heavy metals, even if deemed "safe", seems too much for me. Best to avoid the product till GOL can address and rectify the problem at the source.

I used to love this but....

Posted by sweetheart on May 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I really liked this product a lot. If you check all the ingredients it's awesome: probiotics, enzymes, vitamins... Compared to Sunwarrior's rice protein I found this better. ------------------ The only problem is that the quality varies. I have used this for a while now but lately I have received two packages that have been bad: they had a very strong rancid wax -like smell and taste. They couldn't be used. This is very sad because I really liked the product when it tasted normal. From now on I'll buy Sunwarrior even though the flavored proteins contain some additives.

Yuck

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Will not be be buying this again, ive actually given it away. I needed protein and each morning i would dread having it, i actually gagged from it. the taste and the grainy chalky feel is gross will not be buying again

bad

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I wont be buying this product again, I didnt enjoy the taste and the texture is very grainy and powdery, I mixed it in a bullet blender with almond milk and the texture was so chalky it was getting stuck in my teeth and gums. I didnt enjoy this product at all.

My fav

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I tried the original first by accident, being in the store with my crying baby I just grabbed it and went. I liked it but I heard there was better, so I tried a few more kinds before coming full circle back to raw. I'm really sensitive to sweeteners and usually really don't like sweetened or vanilla flavored things, but this one is PERFECTLY flavored.. Jut ever so slight vanilla flavored, and it enhances my smoothie flavor. The only thing is I wish there were bigger volumes.. And better prices.. But maybe Inhavent hunted enough.

I really liked this. Will be ordering again

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

A lot of the reviewers for this product complain about the taste. I think the taste is great. Perhaps a touch too much stevia, but I'm not a fan of stevia or sugar in general, so others may disagree on this. The vanilla flavour is great. The texture is fine. It is similar to rice protein powder in texture. A little fibrous, but this is made from plants, not cow milk! It's great stuff. Seems a lot easier to digest than whey protein. Similar digestibility to rice protein powder for me at least, and I have terrible digestion. I have it in smoothies or just on top of puffed rice.

so good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

not too sweet great texture

A good supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is a good supplement. The taste is good.

מאוד גרגרי

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

קניתי את האבקה כיוון שהיא טבעונאית ומבטיחה ערכים תזונתיים גבוהים. הריח של האבקה מתוק, הטעם וניל לא חזק וכמעט ולא מורגשת מתיקות כשהאבקה מעורבבת עם מים. מתקבל נוזל מאוד גרגרירי בפה לאחר הערבוב ולכן זו לא אבקה שאזמין שוב, אבל אני אשלב אותה פעם הבאה בשייקים עם פירות.

Garden of Life Vanilla Protein Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Best protein powder I have ever used!!!! I'm lactose intolerant so this non-dairy formula is awesome. Certified vegan and gluten free!!!!! Love it!!!!!❤️