Tries to hard to directly compete with creamy whey by adding thickeners

Posted by FrankieTB on Apr 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Plant head Summary - low protein content, high sugar content, high unnecessary additives content. From a health perspective, the addition of emulsifiers/thickening agents (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan) is a complete waste of time and stomach space...Best guess is that they are trying to compete with creamy milk/whey protein powders... Flavour not the worst... Anyone interested in vegan protein powders should look at the other superior products out there...

Planthead Rocks!

Posted by 5495170853082019276 on Jun 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Rich creamy vanilla plant based protein powder at a great price! I have tried them all, loved the fact that I could have a vegan protein powder that tastes good and mixes up so easily. 15gms per serving keeps me going!

Love it!!

Posted by Reviewer1578302 on Feb 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this for a month now....it taste really good. I use it with vanilla Almond milk. I don't eat much meat so it has helped me to increase my protein....originally purchased from vitamin shoppe, but iherb has the best price. Will continue to purchase from iherb:)

Really good product, great taste

Posted by 5239090316855360423 on Dec 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I really liked this protein, is great, and tastes really good :)

Good

Posted by Reviewer3274905 on Oct 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

You cant knock the blend of proteins excellent! the only downside in my opion the taste is so so

Disappointed

Posted by 5638172173518555954 on Dec 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am a huge fan of Plant Head Real Meal as for my own medical and lifestyle reasons, have to have a solid intake of quality plant protein each day. I purchased this for variety and a more basic alternative. Whilst the ingredient list looks good the taste is appalling. I am an experienced smoothie maker and have tried all trusted ingredients to make it palatable but all have failed. It states no artificial flavours but no matter what, there is a sense of an artificial back taste. I'll stick to the Real Meal.