At long last!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Since moving to Atlanta 17 years ago, I have been searching for a shampoo that doesn't make my hair frizzy with the harsh city water. For some reason, the city water here destroys my hair, unlike anywhere else I have ever lived. I have tried virtually every shampoo I can possibly try for my fine hair; extra moisturizing, no frizz, etc., etc., you name it. I even tried another Giovanni shampoo before trying 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo and conditioner. I had virtually given up, but was still trying everything, including putting a water filter in my shower head, using rainwater, etc. When I got my last order from i-herb, I tried the Giovanni Clarifying Shampoo and I was amazed, before my hair even dried I could tell something was different. My hair was soft and it had calmed down, no more frizzy! I don't know what they put in this shampoo, but I can tell you it is unlike anything out there on the market, and that includes professional hair care products that I have tried through the years, I have spared no expense in the search for the shampoo that makes my hair normal. Finally, and at long last, I have found the one and ONLY shampoo that makes my hair soft, shiny and healthy looking! I am soooooooo thankful for this product! If you have problem hair like I do, then you should definitely give this shampoo-conditioner a try, I am so glad I did!

Finally Great Shampoo!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I tried many alternative shampoos (since many regular ones have toxic ingredients), but for a while the choice was - healthy shampoo bad hair, or toxic shampoo but good hair. Finally got the winner - Giovanni's shampoo is healthy AND leaves my hair looking great! Also like the Giovanni conditioner.

Best shampoo I've ever used!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I colour my hair every 6 or so weeks to remove greys, so my hair is very brittle and dry and on top of it all I have naturally very curly hair. This balancing hydrating shampoo is just amasing! After using it before I even put any conditioner in I can still run my fingers through my wet hair!It doesn't strip it dry. Amasing price too and not tested on animals either! I normally buy cruelty free organic shampoos from the health store for 3 times the price and not as good quality as this!Very impressed

Not very hydrating!

Posted by TrueReviews on May 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It is not that hydrating, at least on my dyed hair. The Smooth as silk shampoo by Giovanni is so much better! Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Giovanni, 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Extremely disappointed. Read about the wonders of this shampoo from a trusted source. It left my hair dry, straw-like and could barely get a comb through. I gave it 2 chances and same results. My hair didn't look or feel any better. I ended up using it on the dog. If I could give it less than one star I would.

Great shampoo for color treated hair!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use Naturtint to cover my grey, and needed a PH balanced, all natural shampoo. This one is great, been using for over a year, and iherb has the best price, so stock up! It is a little drying, as most natural shampoos are, must use with their conditioner which are all just as great.

I hope you're not disappointed.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like the smell, but the shampoo is very drying.

Giovanni

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Giovanni is an excellent product, no SLS, and is a great clarifying shampoo to get the buildup out of your hair without over stripping it

Good clarifier

Posted by Crotchetymama on May 06, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I like the shampoo, but not for all the time. It is definitely a clarifier. But not as harsh as some I have used. My hair is fine, slightly curly, short, and I am left with a bit less body than the Giovanni magnetic shampoo. Giovanni products work fairly well for me.

Good

Posted by ditalv on Jul 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It's good, like other Giovanni products, lathers well and smells fresh. Great for summer - leaves my hair shiny and clean without drying. However it's more watery than other Giovanni shampoos i've tried.