Help

Bad for your skin and the nature

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My skin is not feeling better at all after using this cream for a several months. Then I checked the ingredient list and for example I found Isopropyl Palmitate in the list. And this is what you can read about that substance when you google it: "Clogged Pores Isopropyl palmitate can clog the pores, resulting in the appearance of dermatological conditions such as whiteheads and blackheads. The thickness of the chemicals in IPP can deprive the skin of nutrients such as as oxygen. If the skin doesn't breathe, your pores can become clogged, and healthy skin cells can die. This can also lead to dry, flaky skin. Environmental Dangers While its effects on the human body are obvious, IPP also creates some environemntal dangers. Isopropyl palmitate is directly derived from palm, which is the staple food of a prominent species of primates, the orangutan. The rush to procure palm, triggered by the global cosmetics industry’s clamor for its use as an ingredient, has devastated vast areas of palm growth around the world, including rainforsests. These rainforests are the traditional dwelling place of the orangutans. Deprived of their main source of subsistence, they are dying from hunger. The over-harvesting of palm could lead to the endangerment and even possible extinction of orangutans." So, it's not good for you, for the skin or for the nature and the animals. I never gonna use Giovanni again.

Great moistruizer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The best moisturizer I have ever used for my oily, dehydrated and sensitive skin. Highly recommended!

The best !!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am using this moisturizer for almost a year which is the longest time I am using any products for my face without trying anything new.I can use it whole year, summer time less quantity and winter time little more. My acne prone (adult acne) combination skin never been this good. I also use same line face wash and face musk and I love all of them.

GIOVANNI D TOX SYSTEM RELENISHING FACIAL MOISTURIZER

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT THE VALUE FOR WHAT YOU GET IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

mistery

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Super product! Thank you.

Light

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

As for me, this product will be good for late spring or summer. For European winter it's too light. Scent and texture is good

ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

i would say that this is great moisturaizer for summer, light, not oily, like!

Step 3 is amazing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use all the steps of this product. Light weight moisture that has really improved my skin! I highly recommend the Giovanni Detox Facial System!

Leaves my combo skin looking very oily and grease.

Posted by Brussels on May 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I'm 25 and I have a combo/acne prone skin. I've never used another facial moisturizer that makes my skin look that oily, shiny and grease. And my skin would stay shiny for the rest of the day. It's like this moisturizer doesn't absorb well. Even during the cold winter days, when my skin gets drier, this lotion is still way too moisturizing for my skin. What I like about this moisturizer is the convenient tube package and also it's light consistency. It doesn't have a strong fragrance, if any fragrance at all. I had no breakouts after using this moisturizer for a month. A little goes a long way with this one. I only need a tiny bit of this product to cover my entire face. I still use it sometimes, under my makeup and with additional spf cream as well. But I won't repurchase this moisturizer as it makes my skin very shiny and oily-looking.

Best moisturizer I have bought at iHerb

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Yup, that's all I have to say. My skin now is virtually free of pimples. Since I have fair skin, it looks way better without any blemishes. I kinda wanted to keep this product underrated by not giving a review but then again, if this were to go out of production, I will have to go searching for another brand altogether.