Giovanni Root Lift

Posted by Reviewer1418789 on May 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Giovanni's mousse for about 9 months now and like it but was looking for something to give me a little more oomph and this does just that. For reference, my hair is long-ish (a few inches past my shoulders) and layered. I typically wash my hair at night and would wake up to pretty flat hair. I spray this around my crown, lifting in sections, then flip my head over and spray a couple times at the roots at the nape of my neck. Let it air dry a bit then head to bed. Now I wake up with nice volume and subtle waves. It's not sticky at all and the scent is virtually non-existent. I would buy this again and would recommend it to others.

like it

Posted by Reviewer1007082 on Jun 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

it does give my fine hair volume, but I have to wash my hair every day, otherwise, it looks dirty the next day.

Great for lifting the crown

Posted by Reviewer2862489 on Feb 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am a hairdresser and love this product for volume and lift, especially in the crown area. It works best on thin hair, but does well on all hair types. Best results are on dry hair. Apply and then use the blowdryer to stiffen. I like it because it doesn't have any known toxins, so that I can use it confidently knowing that it won't affect anyone's health.

Very good!

Posted by erikamarija on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is very good product, but I don't use it as a root lifting spray, but as a hair spray! It really does it job! Better than original spray! And a little goes a long way!

This works!

Posted by 4618051664073972893 on Feb 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have fine hair that's just past my shoulders. If I don't put something in it before I dry it, it's flat and oily by the next morning. I really don't like to wash my hair every single day because it really drys out the ends. I purchased this root volumizer, not expecting much, but I was really pleasantly surprised. The product I used to use was full of god knows what, and I wanted a healthier option. The first couple of products (another brand) that I tried didn't seem to be anything more than water, but this actually adds volume and prevents that oily look the next day. I believe a few reviews stated they experienced flaking, but I don't. I just spray it at the root of my bangs and throughout the crown, and I don't spray too much in one spot. I always keep the bottle moving when I'm spraying. The ONLY thing I don't like about this is the sprayer. It tends to be a little difficult for two reasons: the first is that a small amount of product leaks out which makes it slippery, and the second is that it can be difficult to press the nozzle down. I'm hoping this is just a fluke with my bottle, and I'll find out when I reorder... which I will.

Very nice spray, just what I need,

Posted by Reviewer2778088 on Apr 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

some spitzes of this at the roots is all I use in my hair after washing and air drying to add some movement in my long straight hair No skin irritation, no weight, no stiffness, nice not too strong natural fruity smell that disappears quickly if you don’t like it.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2022209 on Oct 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've been looking for a volumizing product for years that was natural and didn't make my eyes water, and actually worked. Thanks to the other reviews, I ordered this and really love it. It gives good volume and I've used it both on wet and dry hair for a pick me up. You can't beat the price! I spent so much more on salon products over the years, but this absolutely does the trick! Thanks so much for a great product!

Review of hair root spray

Posted by Reviewer3127763 on Oct 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Not oily at all. And it indeed lift the root of hair and make give your hair looks more volume.

Best Giovanni product yet

Posted by Reviewer1192738 on Nov 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like all the Giovanni hair styling products I've tried. This one is the best because it does lift my hair, which is thinning at age 66. It even kept my hair (a couple of inches shorter than shoulder length) looking good the next day so that I did not have to wet it and restyle it.

Light yet effective!

Posted by Zihuana on Feb 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'm very pleased with this product; it seems very lightweighted but it lifts hair even without blowdryer, though my hair needs the dryer to really get up. Also what impresses me is that it doesn't feel like having hairstyling products on.