heavy metals

Posted by Romlenz on Apr 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

According to a lab test this Chinese brand was full of heavy metals. Avoid like the plague.

Pretty good not fishy at all

Posted by Reviewer1023123 on Feb 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is my first experience with wakame.I simply hrdrate it in water for 30 minutes, drain the water out.Put the water in the dogs dish instead of throwing it away-THEY LOVE IT.Then eat it uncooked room temp with some toasted sesame oil on it.A small serving is all you need to feel satisfied.

Great quality!

Posted by Reviewer2818141 on Jan 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Tested several wakames and this is without a doubt the best so far. Color is good dark green, harder stems have been removed, flakes are nice size and the taste is great. Easy to use just by tossing it into soups and salads. I prefer not to cook it much so if am preparing miso for example I will add the wakame after the miso paste and just let it sit for a moment. It rehydrates fast enough just like that and doesn't become disgustingly mushy. Some cheaper wakame just breaks apart and is very slimey, but this one holds it together and stays more like a salad leaf or something. I also like that the pack size is bigger than several other brands despite the price not being higher, so I don't instantly run out of it :)

Very hard and salty

Posted by Chunkypeaches on Feb 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am an avid seaweed eater (every week). This is very tough and chewy (needs soaking), and is salty as heck. Some may like it, but I do not.

Warning label

Posted by 4768257162557714273 on Aug 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have procrastinated using ths seaweed. Have been preoccupied by the warning label on it concerning cancer risks. I have eaten a lot of seaweed in the past, and would like to get back to it ......

my husband wolfs down the packs before I can count to ten i guess

Posted by Reviewer3312205 on Nov 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

that's it, perfect healthiest natural substitute for chips.

yummy

Posted by Reviewer1708065 on Dec 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This small packet of wakame seaweed is similar to other wakame I've tried and it is nice to be able to get it at a reasonable price. It has a slight sea-foodish aroma, a deep green color, and a hearty flavor. I add a little to broth-based soups, with basil, garlic and/or ginger to add nutrition, flavor and texture. The texture is the best thing - like noodles, without the starch or gluten.

Tough to Eat

Posted by 4621939022800482920 on Sep 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This seaweed may be good for you, but I have had trouble eating it. It really tastes strong and yucky.

Easy to fix, tastes great

Posted by Reviewer1767544 on Sep 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This seaweed is easy to add to dishes and doesn't overpower the taste.

wakame

Posted by Reviewer2203824 on Feb 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff. just as a snack or a garnish. Adds just the right amount of crunch, salt, and flavor!

1 2 3 4