THIS TEA IS HEAVEN-SENT!

Posted by Reviewer2305785 on Jun 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I discovered Yerba Mate about ten years ago and drink it without fail every single morning. Personally, I don't know what I'd do without it!While coffee can ruin your system and make one nervous, Yerba Mate delivers a clarity, awakeness and balanced aliveness. Supposedly, it contains caffeine, but a nutritionist once told me that the compounds in Yerba Mate are "a cousin" of caffeine, but the FDA requires it to be called caffeine. If that's true, it would explain why it stimulates but IS NEVER HARSH on the nervous system or adrenals like coffee is. I think it's the PERFECT COFFEE SUBSTITUTE. I confess I drink more than a single bag - up to four bags a day sometimes. It is great for waking up, before meditation, before working out and super great for writing, reading and studying. While, Yerba Mate is fine by itself, I highly suggest trying a little chocolate flavored (or your favorite flavor) Almond Breeze, Soy Milk or Rice dream for flavoring and sweetness, or adding a little stevia. For us, Guayaki Yerba Mate tea is the most incredible tea on the planet!

The Best Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1564551 on Jan 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

What, this has something like 24 vitamins and minerals, and 15 amino acids...gives you energy, clarity and focus, and yes, ladies, can help with weight loss b/c can help curb your appetite...awesome stuff!! And good price on iherb!!

Great tea, Poor packaging

Posted by Reviewer2861035 on Mar 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Love this tea. I feel like it perks me up, without the jitters and palpatations I get with other caffienated drinks. Tea bags are individually wrapped, and nearly impossible to get unwrapped without ripping open the tea bag itself. Save yourself some frustration (and money) and get this tea in the loose form and a tea ball (also available at iherb).

The Best Tea

Posted by Reviewer3319648 on Mar 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I drink it with honey and milk - yummy. I hadn't read that it helps with elimination and the first day I had a couple of cups. Needless to say, I will stick with one cup from now on. When opening the individual package of the tea bag make sure to shake the bag down or you will tear the tea bag. Check out the loose tea - it's easy to prepare and cheaper.

Great organic yerba mate!

Posted by 5398817154136110349 on Apr 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I enjoy drinking this yerba mate in addition to my other teas and coffee. Yerba mate is a very earthy tasting tea. It's almost like tasting the jungle you could say. The caffeine is identical to black tea for me. I would describe the tea overall as an aquired taste, it is very different from normal tea. Although, it grew on me fast and is a great addition to my other natural drinks now.

Love Mate!

Posted by Reviewer1074442 on Nov 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am so happy that I discovered mate a few years ago. It gives me a great surge of healthy energy. No jitters, no cravings or headaches for the the "buzz". I have a cup every morning, but if I forget, I feel fine and don't need it. It's alkaline forming too. Tastes great with a little bit of honey or lemon. I've also mixed it with peppermint tea, yum.

Just great

Posted by laminimalista on Jul 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My professor in college recommended yerba mate and I have been drinking it ever since. I like this particular product because it's organic, the teabags are convenient and the tea keeps me going without making me jittery like coffee. I also doesn't affect my sleep, which is a big plus. マテ茶は大学時代から飲んでいます。ティーバッグなのでとても便利だし、しかもオーガニック、飲みやすいです。日本でマテ茶はとても高いのでiHerbでいつもまとめ買いしてます。

Yerba Mate Organic Tea

Posted by Reviewer2681730 on Oct 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Both the tea bags and the loose tea are wonderful!! The tea bags are easier to take to work and such but they are both my absolute favorite drink. I think I'm addicted.

mishunia

Posted by Reviewer3062789 on Aug 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Good tea. Good for your stomach and gives energy.

Mate

Posted by Reviewer1000087 on Jul 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Very good taste, not too acidic for me.