Organic First Flush Darjeeling Tea - a great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Thanks iHerb for your timely and friendly service. I have already recommended your service to my daughter, and at least two of my colleagues who love good teas. The Hampstead First Flush Organic Darjeeling tea is unquestionably a very refreshing, crisp, and flavorful tea. I have been drinking tea since I was 5 or 6 years old (I am 58 now). I can distinguish even the slightest variations in teas. The subtle yet distinct flavor and character of this Organic Darjeeling tea changes my mood (cheers me up) as soon as I take the first sip on a weekend morning (rain, shine or snow). I do not add anything to this tea - just drink virgin! After I pour the brewed tea from the tea pot into my tea cup, I also drop a few brewed leaves of this tea from the tea pot straight to my cup; this way, you keep getting the flavor out of the leaves till the last drop. Many people don't know this trick. I suggest everyone to try this (yes, it will taste a bit stronger, but then, you can't beat the experience). Thanks iHerb. Prosanta

Very good tea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is a Darjeeling "first flush", which means it's made with the young leaves harvested in spring. The infusion has a light amber color because the leaves are not completely oxidized. If you like strong black teas, look elsewhere, this is more like a mix between green and black tea. It has a mild flavor (not very astringent or bitter) and is supposed to be high on antioxidants.

홍차의 느낌이라기에는...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

first flush니까 다즐링일까 하면서 샀는데, 다즐링은 맞겠지민 뭐랄까... 홍차라기보다는 억센 풀의 맛이 좀 더 많이 나더군요. 잘못 우린건가 했는데 한 통 다 마실때까지 별 맛을 못 느껴서 추천은 못 하겠더라고요.

fine tea!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

delicious tea, good smell. perfect

Slightly overpriced

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It's written "grand cru" but it's more like "vilage" - the quality of this tea should be better. it's not typical for first flush. It's cost should be around 4-5$ and not 8.

Not to my taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Now I havent had a first flush before so maybe this was going to be different but I found this to be pretty weak and slightly bitter. Kind of tastes stewed even if you dont leave the water in long. I have been buying Jungpana In Between darjeeling which is a wonderful fresh fragrant quality darjeeling second flush. I bought this as it is organic but it isnt a patch on the In Between.

bitter