Using to overcome magnesium deficiency

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is my first experience with magnesium chloride. I take magnesium citrate regularly for restless legs syndrome and to prevent tooth grinding. However, I don't seem to be absorbing enough anymore because it's not working as well as before. Research led me to magnesium chloride. I mixed it 1:1 with boiling water to make a brine ("magnesium oil") and sprayed it on my feet and legs. I also tried it as an underarm deodorant, as I read it works well for that purpose. It stung terribly, so I diluted it 1:1 with more water. The sting was then bearable. It did work fairly well as a deodorant, but after two weeks, I got a rash on my underarms, so I stopped using it for that purpose. It feels very sticky and oily on the skin, so I leave it on for 20 minutes (that's allegedly enough time for the magnesium to be absorbed) and then rinse. I have a slightly metallic taste in my mouth so I seem to be absorbing it. My legs are less restless and I'm not grinding my teeth quite as much. So even though it's a bit unpleasant to use it in the manner I have, it's worth it to me because I needed to overcome a magnesium deficiency. I haven't yet used it in a bath, which would be at a much lower concentration than I used for the spray, but I believe it's similar to epsom salts, which I like. There wouldn't be any stinging at such a low concentration, of course.

Very little for a lot of money

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The magnesium bath crystals can easily be substituted with the Pure Magnesium Flakes. Both have a similar up front cost, but the one bottle is about 10 times the size of the other. You get about 4 baths from this and it's gone.

Highly absorbable

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I'm another person who makes a very effective magnesium oil for topical use out of these crystals plus distilled water. I fill up a cheap bottle with the mixture and apply some squirts of it on my belly in the evenings before bedtime. I sleep like a baby, and it reduces my restless leg syndrome.

Relaxing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is very relaxing to use in the bathtube. Soak for half an hour and let your skin absorb the magnesium. You could also make your own magnesium oil of the crystals and then spray it on your skin for absorption of magnesium via the skin. I would recommend this product.

I make my own mag oil spray with this as a base

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I'm using this to make a spray of mag oil. It's cheap and effective :)

For Chemotherapy survivors...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I gave this product to a friend as a gift. A few years ago, she went through a series of chemo for breast cancer. What I did not know what that it ruined her toenails..and in just one soak of her feet for 15 mins., when she took her feet out of the water, then besides being very soft, she told me that her nails are normal again.

Great value

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Makes my skin feel really soft. I need to test it over longer periods to confirm results.

Delightful!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

good to make spray oil with

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Use it for feet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I Don't have a bathtub, so I use it to soak my feet in. Makes skin very soft. I have low magnesium levels. curious to see if this can help boost my levels (togheter with another magnesium supplements). Time will show, to soon to tell as of now.

1 2