Clears up my eczema like a charm!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Based on a recommendation from Dr. Andrew Weil, I started taking this supplement about 6 years ago to clear up persistent (and hereditary!) eczema. It takes about 4-6 weeks to build up in your system, and then I take daily for maintenance. Thank goodness there's a natural way to deal with eczema!

Health From the Sun Black Currant, 1000 Soft Gels. Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is the first time I have used this product by Health Sun. I was first concerned about the ingredients, because I thought they had stopped making the Original Ingredient for Black Currant Oil which was SCD Safe with all its ingredients to a Vegetarian ingredient line that don’t work for someone who is on the SCD Diet (Special Carbohydrate diet). But after writing and talking with the company, I found that they were continuing to make the old original recipe, which is perfect for someone on the SCD Diet. Besides Black Currant Oil, which has these wonderful properties, Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega 3), Gamma-Linolenic Acid (Omega 6), Lenoleic Acid (Omega 6), Oielc Acid (Omega 9) and Stearidoric Acid (Omega 3) the other ingredients only include this: Gelatin, Glycerin and water, which are all SCD legal. Heath from Sun was wonderful at relieving my fears that they were not changing the Original recipe. They were only adding a vegetarian line to sell to vegans too. So, when buying make sure your read the back ingredients. For right now the original Black Currant oil comes in a blue bottle, while the vegan Black current comes in a green bottle. So, watch out and read the back to make sure you are getting the correct Black Current, if you are on the SCD Diet. Yes, I will be buying this product again as long as it stays SCD Safe.

Excellent mood balancer-

Posted by treater on Aug 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Put my daughter onto these. Within 2 days (@2 per day) she felt her 'younger old self' again... sharper mind, confident and positive. Works the same for our whole family.

Help for eyes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My eye doctor suggested Black Currant, as it has the ideal balance of Omega 3, 6, and 9. I have noticed an improvement in my 'dry eyes' issues since taking this over fish oils.

Love these!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I started taking these based on advice from Louise Gittleman's book about peri-menopause. They are just the ticket for relieving some of the symptoms!

Black current oil 1000

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2007 | Verified Purchase

A great product for skin and hair, I have used it for years and love it.Was recommended to me for hair problems.I have a benefit of better hair and skin .

Great alternative to Evening Primrose Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 06, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product to see if it would help reduce the severe breast tenderness I was experiencing frequently before my period. I also wanted to see if it would help calm my moods prior to menstuation. I've only been taking it less than one month, but I did not get the breast tenderness at all! My mood was also much better. I realize this was only one month and not enough time to judge it. But I WILL keep taking it faithfully, one a day, every day from now on to see if it continues to be a benefit to me.

Black Currant xcellent for cracked skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have used this brand of Black Currant, because it is 1000 mg., for a while and it really seems to have helped cracked skin on hands and feet. I take two a day and have not had cracked skin since after the first month.

Good form of GLA

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I believe better form of GLA then evening of primrose - good for your skin and menopause issues.

Health from the sun black currant 1000

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Love these, my skin is so soft when I am taking these.