Alpha Lipoic Acid and DMSA (dimercapto succinic acid)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Alpha Lipoic Acid works great (if you have mercury toxicity - caused by e.g. mercury fillings and/or vaccines) , but It should best be taken with DMSA. But be careful to take it every 3 hours (around the clock) for 1 or two weeks. Make a break for 4 to 5 days and start again. More about this you can find in Andrew Hall Cutler's book (Amalgam Illness diagnosis and treatment, ISBN 0-9676168-0-8). It brought me back to life.

Did the research

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

What you should buy is pure R-ALA, not this (mixture of S- and R-ALA). I did the research, and this form of ALA is not the one to buy, regardless of brand. You can find R Lipoic Acid (aka R-ALA) on iHerb, too.

Excellent antioxidant

Posted by Sprinkles on Oct 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Dr. Mercola highly recommends an alpha lipoic acid supplement for its high antioxidant properties, especially taken with Vitamin C shortly before heavy exercising, to keep internal cellular damage to a minimum when over-exerting through exercise. Antioxidants have an "anti-aging" action of sorts also. Vitamin C and alpha lipoic acid are both water-soluble and thus do not hang around in the body for a long time, so it's best to take them shortly before the exercise session so they can do their job properly and help protect you.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use this for mercury chelation, according to the Cutler protocol. I am very satisfied with the product.

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is a supplement I have used habitually for over two decades. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is interested in supporting their ongoing health and fitness.

not for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Ordered these because they seemed to have fewer filler ingredients and were a lower dose. Unfortunately they gave me migraine. Going back to Drs Best.

Fighting Inflammation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Used in conjunction with Healthy Origins, Now Foods, NAC, (N-Acetyl Cysteine), 600 mg, 100 Veggie Caps (NOW-00085)and Jarrow Formulas, L-Glutamine, 750 mg, 120 Capsules (JRW-15012)to help boost my glutathione levels, this has been a real winner at taking inflammation out of a very tired, arthritis-filled post-injury/surgery knee. I really notice the difference when I stop taking it, with the joint becoming angry and fluid filled.

Soother

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is great for internal inflammation. I have alot of it through my body, but mainly in the digestive system and when I stop taking this, I really norice it.

efficient and prompt

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've had at least 3 re-orders already from iHerb of a vitamin that I constantly take. They deliver promptly and make it easy for me to track my order through their email updates. The orders do arrive within the time frame as promised (and it has been in 2 continents by far). They have a link, too, for swift re-ordering right from your inbox, and lately, I've been entitled to price reductions.... It also happens that the product I order is just the right one. A similar product in health stores have some other ingredients that are not suitable for my needs...They also seem to have more than one brand of the same generic product for more choices.

No bad reactions

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was using 50mg and had change about a week ago to 100mg. I'm felling good.

1 2 3