ALA, such an important supplement!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Healthy Origins ALA, 300 mg, is a very effective dosage at a very good price for 150 caps. My husband has remained diabetes-free since I've consistently given him 600 mg per day, 300 a.m. and 300 p.m., along with COQ10, 100 mg a.m. and 100 mg p.m. When he has swollen feet and ankles and the bottoms of his feet burn, I double the dosages, and the swelling and pain are gone within 36 hrs. Terrific Stuff! BE SURE TO ORDER ALL SUPPLEMENTS IN CAPSULE FORM!! AVOID THE BINDERS IN TABLETS OR CAPLETS!!

Elevated AST & ALT liver enzymes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I had elevated liver enzymes 3 months after being put on a medication (an antidepressant used for hot flashes). I quit that med & also the aromatase inhibitor (for post stage III breast cancer) that I was also on, along with no alcohol, limited animal fats & no acetaminophen. One month after taking the alpha lipoic acid, milk thistle & Liver Detoxifier (Now Foods brand) all of the lab values were back to normal. I'm back on the aromatase inhibitor, but needless to say I will carefully evaluate any medication my oncologist recommends & watch my life style choices.

Nasty! - not for me.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I bought this as I read a review that it was kinder to the gut than other brands of ALA. It gave me the most awful heartburn and gut pain. Had to throw it away. Maybe ALA in general is not for me as I have a sensitive gut.

stomach upset

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I find if you take anymore than 2 a day you'll get upset stomach, but its certainly a cheap source of this great product, i use it with conjunction with NAC, Milk Thistle and Lecithin for a sluggish liver and CFS, good results so far.

average

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Price is right, but this doesn't work as well as R-lipoic products.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am in a pre diabetic state and take this to control my glucose levels, alongside vitamin D and a b complex.

Words can't describe how good this is

Posted by panaceaspecialist on Aug 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have insulin resistance, that's why I bought these. I's just amazing how this particular ALA gives me energy, feeling of well-being, and my cravings and continuous hunger are completely unnoticeable . I have bought Doctor's Best ALA, but nothing compares with the effect that I get with this one. ALA from Doctor's Best contains a lot of fillers that makes me feel kind of sick. I will stick to Healthy Origins from now on.

A valuable antioxidant.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

ALA is a potent antioxidant which can function in both water and fat.As such it can help prevent free-radical damage from occurring and help to protect against diseases caused by oxidative damage. I have not been taking it long enough yet to properly assess the results in that area. However I have found that I am not as tired as I used to be. This supplement is the ideal daily dosage, although it would be better broken up into 2 or 3 dosages a day.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am very happy with this product. I have more energy and clear thinking.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like this brand of ALA, and it is a good price at I-herb.