detox with Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am 79 years old, but in excellent health. I have been having increasing trouble controlling my abdominal fat. Then, I was hit with a very severe case of shingles. A red flag, so I embarked on a detox program including Alpha Lipoic Acid, Glutathione, and Vitamin C in fairly high doses, with selenium. Not only has this been helpful with the shingles, but my hair is darkening, and moles are falling off. KR+

bad for thyroid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

If you are on thyroxine or even armour thyroid like me be careful of this stuff, it decreases your t4 to t3 conversion, had to upp my armour dose considerably and it has 20% t3 in it, would'nt take this if i was on synthroid. Apart from that it really really works, i was mainly taking it for a liver that is sluggish, plan to stick with it but at a smaller dose of 100mgs.

Fountain of Youth in a Pill

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I originally tried ALA because it was supposed to lower blood glucose. It doesn't with my body chemistry, but that doesn't mean it won't for some people. I have kept using it since last summer because my skin has improved over the months with daily doses of 300 to 600 mg. Gray hairs have disappeared, my skin has tightened up somewhat and I have generated no new liver spots. So, if you are looking for a fountain of youth in a pill, this is as close as you'll come. Don't know however what long-term detrimental side effects there might be.

Great for skin and joints

Posted by shanesda on Jun 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for my mom who has been suffered from joint pain. She said that it helped easing the pain and improving her skin. I also bought one for myself, but haven't used long enough to tell the difference. However, I'll buy it again in the future because I believe it's worth the price.

LiPoic very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good for me eat everyday

Good product

Posted by reflexheather on Jul 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

A good value ALA that is working as well as more expensive ones that I have purchased. I take it with co-q-10 and ester c. Excellent antioxidant. I have worked for two of Dublin’s top health stores for 10 years and am now a holistic practitioner. I hope you found this review helpful.

Nothing special

Posted by ReputableReviewer on May 18, 2017 | Verified Purchase

My mother tested this product few times, but lately I have read an article, that this product is only average, without real tangible benefit, so we decided not to buy such products again. It is better to just detoxify a body, rather to consume various products on top of your inner illnesses.

Healthy Origins, Alpha Lipoic Acid, 300 mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take these to protect both my eyes and general circulation, along with other iHerb products. Everything seems fine, so I assume they are working.

Healthy Origins, Alpha Lipoic Asid , 300 mg, 60 Capsules

Posted by Finland on Jul 10, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Edullinen alfalipoiini happokapseli.

Very happy customer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 18, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Have read about the benefits of this product and am very happy with it.

1 2 3 4