Save your money - egg yolks plus niacin equals this

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I suggest those most likely to benefit from such a supplement are those eating a low niacin/low choline diet (e.g. vegans/strict vegetarians). The more I look into these things, the more I wonder about who is funding the studies that support these expensive, patentable supplements and why they ignore/fail to disclose information/basic nutrients required for the relevant pathways - e.g. niacin - not niacinamide or any other reduced form, but niacin as nicotinic acid. NADH/NADPH is required for close to eight hundred different reactions - including cytidine diphosphate (i.e. CDP) - taking a reduced form of niacin may be counter-intuitive (i.e. the form of niacin included in practically every multi vit). There's a con artist on every corner. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I used to take Jarrows DMAE daily for my brain fog but they discontinued the product. I tried Cognizin and can honestly say that it is more effective than regular DMAE(yet a little pricier). I will probably take reg DMAE daily but for busy, stressful days most definitely Cognizin Citicholine. A super clear head is assured.

Truly effective!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My husband and I have been taking the Cognizin - two a day - for the last couple of weeks and have been amazed at how effective it has been. We feel sharper and are able to recall information quicker. I'm placing my next order very soon. This one works!

Works great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I combine this with Relentless Improvement Piracetam, and it works GREAT. Works alot better than other forms of choline like choline bitartrate. I can focus and recall things alot easier.

Citicholine

Posted by ShelleyP on Dec 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've used the Jarrow Citicoline with good results, easier to recall things and remember phone numbers, etc. Hoping for the same benefit with this brand. I've had much better results with Citicoline than with the Alpha GPC which I've been trying the last couple of months.

Made a major difference

Posted by alloriginal on Oct 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I'm in pretty good shape for my age, but was starting to experience more and more of those dreaded "senior moments". It was clear that something had to be done. Using these, along with vinpocetine (twice daily), I've had a major improvement in memory and mood. I seem to have speedier recall, more energy, and I'm much more verbally fluent than I was just a few weeks ago. I have more energy for projects and am not so easily distracted. I would heartily recommend these to anyone seeking a little more brain-power and focus. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

great deal

Posted by Romero on Nov 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I combine citicoline with piracetam and felt great improvements in focus.

It worked for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I took these two together so can't speak to them individually, Jarrow Formulas Neuro Optimizer and Healthy Origins Cognizin Citicoline. I noticed that I had trouble remembering actors names such as Brad Pitt or Drew Barrimore while I could easily recall the face in my mind's eye the name remained on the tip of my tongue. I attributed it to dimentia associated with aging but after just a day or two of these supplements the problem disappeared. I think that the real problem is lack of proper nutrition in the foods available today perhaps due to overuse of commercial fertilizers etc, read The China Study and books by John Robbins. I am 58.

didn't notice a difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

i didn't notice any difference using this product, other choline products worked for me much better like dmae liquid form, alpha gpc, sardines/anchovies from fish products.

not bad

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

that it works great with piracetam was known, what I liked about it is that compared to alpha GPC, this product showed (though inconsistently) enhanced cognitive functions also by itself

1 2 3 4