Not hypoallergenic, dose too high and dislike ferric iron

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Feb 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I'm dubious of ferric iron as a supplement. There's a very real risk of it inactivating key enzymes essential to health, e.g. tyrosine hydroxylase - taking antioxidants to compensate may not resolve issue. I also feel that while this is a sustained release formula, 27mg is too much. This iron doesn't appear to be hypoallergenic - it caused me to wheeze (taken with or without other nutrients/food). I dislike the fillers. In it's favour - according to studies the risk of iron overload is apparently low due to poor absorption (thus it's considered 'safe' to fortify food with, including food intended for kids). Iron Protein Succinylate (IPS) might be the better choice, though is also ferric form and contains casein - I had mixed results with it. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Needed to keep up iron levels

Posted by Reviewer2100881 on Aug 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've taken Iron Ease for several years now and have improved my anemia greatly.

Iron Ease for bursitis pain.

Posted by Reviewer1226858 on Feb 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I began taking Iron Ease because a friend told me iron may help the bursitis pain I experience in my hips. After about two weeks of use, I could tell a definite difference. My pain is now minimal if I feel any at all. Prior to adding iron, my hips hurt severely if I sat for two long or sat on a hard surface.

Easy on the stomach!

Posted by Reviewer1533600 on Feb 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have had anemia for many years, and this is the first iron supplement that I have been able to tolerate. I have not had my blood retested since I started taking this; however, my extremities have not been as cold even with the frigid weather. I recommend giving it a try!

iron absorption

Posted by Reviewer1663499 on Aug 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

yes it helps my daughter who has iron absorption problems. Her blood level is up.

love the capsule form

Posted by Reviewer2548332 on Aug 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Easy to take. Notice no bad side effects.

Great on the tummy

Posted by 5686496792231045346 on Apr 10, 2017 | Verified Purchase

After a week of taking these supplements I noticed an increase in my energy and it did not constipate me like usual iron supplements......this is my second purchase as they are so reasonably priced