Life changing

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product has been a miracle worker for my husband, he's moods were so bad but wouldn't admit to being depressed and refused to go to the doctor, we went from arguing everyday (almost to the point of breaking up) to him being the happy "normal" person that I first met, can't praise this product enough

Healthy Origins, Natural 5-THP

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is truly a wonderful product. It has helped me to stop taking a prescription drug that almost killed me. Withdrawing from Trazadone was so horrible, it made so depressed I seriously thought about suicide. I am only sleeping about 6 hours. However, I am into the Rem Sleep dreaming, and not waking up with a hangover from the drug. I am not tired when I wake up, and forced to take several prescription drugs to sleep. I am a serious BiPolar patient and would go manic for 24 to 48 hours with no sleep at all. I hope you can pass this along, so others, who have been forced to take drugs to sleep, will know that natural 5-THP is the only and optimum way to sleep without getting on the merry go round of prescription drugs and no way to get off till now. I have been on this ride for decades. Thank you iHerb for rescuing me. I was despairing before YOU. Anita M. Buffer [email protected],net

i had side effects with this

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

it gave me headaches and stomache aches

5HTP

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have a history of depression and anxiety, and have been well for years, however for the last 2 years my illness returned. This product was recommended by a friend who also suffers, and who like me, did not want to take presciption anti-depressants (I find them terrifying). Within one week on 5HTP, my mood had improved and I was noticebly happier. I did not, and have not yet noticed any side effects (unlike anti-depressants I have taken in the past). I am feeling more positive, and have made some good changes to my lifestyle (healthier eating and I have started regular exercise). I am no longer feeling overwhelmed by my job/workplace/home/life situation. I have been taking 5HTP for almost 3 months now, and I am very surprised by my recovery and how well I am feeling. I did a lot of research about this product before taking it, and I decided the potential side-effects or dangers to me from it, are far less harmful than most presciption drugs. I would recommend it to anyone, who (like me) may not have had a good experience with prescription anti-depressants.

Natural 5-HTP

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have trouble sleeping & was in hopes that this would be a miracle cure; however, I didn't experience a remarkable change in my sleep by taking them & after reading some of the side effects I decided not to take them for any long term period of time.

nauseous...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It makes me really nauseous. Im taking 1 on an empty stomach as directed. I may be just super sensitive.

terrible

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I used the NOW brand but thought this one was a better bargain. It's cheaper, yes, and inferior. I'll be going back to NOW.

SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

THIS IS A GOOD PRODUCT, AT A GREAT PRICE-----HELPS RAISE SEROTONIN LEVELS.

Works Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am trying this 5-HTP to help with migraine cessation, depression, and better sleep. So far it has helped me with these issues.

grief relief

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2015 | Verified Purchase

My mother had become a bit screechy and over reactive to EVERYTHING after my father died. Her grief developed a nasty, angry and bitter edge. Which was all the more shocking as she is known for her kind heart. Within 4 days - she was calm and nothing stressed her out. We ran out of tablets so I decided to watch her and not tell her to check if the effect was a placebo... good grief! I couldn't reorder more fast enough! Bugger weight loss - take this for a calm and kind mind and an easier time through your grief journey.