Cuts Down on "Emotional Eating"

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I began taking this product when I was looking for something to decrease my appetite, because I had been feeling like I wanted to eat all the time, and I had gained weight. And if it helped with insomnia and mood as it claimed, I was looking forward to those benefits too. After about two weeks of taking 1 / day, I noticed an increase in my mood. After about a month, I noticed that my sweet tooth had diminished, and my desire to snack between meals had decreased. I'm going to re-order, and this time try 2 /day to see if it helps me get my headaches under control, as another review reported it did.

Really helpful!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take one capsule a day and see the results - I became calmer, do not worry so much and do not get upset for every slightest reason as I used to. It reduced my desire to eat something sweet to feel better. And I started sleeping for longer intervals without waking up every now and then. For me it works great!

Healthy Origins, 5-HTP, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Posted by ReputableReviewer on Feb 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

We like it very much. And the name of a herb is funny - Griffonia :) We can feel its effect for real: good night sleep and positive mood. What else can we need? Ahh, maybe some more MONEY :)

Great stuff!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Helped me with the horrible mood swings and depression. I was quite suicidal until I found these! I'm much happier and more stable now. Definately worth a try!

Excellent product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was told that 5-HTP at bedtime might help me sleep better. It does! For the first time in years, I'm now sleeping through the night.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take one capsule, twice daily for migraine prevention. Have cut down migraines from 5 weekly, to one to two a month.

5-HTP

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I bought this supplement after reading a study on the Cochrane Library website about it's effectiveness. However, I started getting extreme nausea after taking these on an empty stomach at night, a side effect warned about in the study (guess I should have listened to the research). I wouldn't purchase if you are prone to nausea!

nice try

Posted by iHerbMaster on Oct 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

after using it a couple days, I have more intestinal gas and its very unpleasant. My concentration doesnt improved, maybe because I had normal dopamine levels. After triing 5 capsules at once, I felt little effect or nothing.

Great for sleep

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Helps me fall asleep and have a good, solid restful night.

I only know...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

...that I no longer take 3 prescriptions for anxiety, depression and bipolar and the combination of the Lithium Orotate and 5-HTP (recommended doses) work very well for me. I just went to my PCP as I had my bloodwork done last Monday and it was PERFECT! And NO side effects at all. The meds I was on were pretty strong, and I'm a taller, bigger guy and the standard dose makes me feel just fine. I was concerned about liver toxicity from articles I had read, but they were hyperdosing it. The 5 mg hasn't had any toxicity by testimony of my bloodwork. My organs could not be better and I'm 61 and eat and drink pretty much whatever I want! I will continue on the Lithium and 5-HTP!

1 2 3 4