part of the natural arsenal against depression

Posted by alloriginal on Dec 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I take one or two of these each night at bedtime. Some may benefit from taking it during the daytime, as well. It increases seratonin in the brain, which helps sleep and makes you feel a little better during the day. In my case, a morning dose of L-Phenylalanine combined with 5-HTP at bedtime made a world of difference. I still feel like myself, only a little more lively. I'm definitely better-rested, as well. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

After struggling with depressions for over 10 years I am very very grateful to have been recommended something that works. I haven't noticed a difference between the brands; I bought this because of the low price.

Brilliant this product is wonderful no more zoloft

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 15, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is fantastic and I weened myself of zoloft over a two week period and substituted with this best thing I ever did and also so much more clarity and energy and no side effects brilliant huge change for the best and now my hubby weened of and takes this too great energy back as well LOVE IT AND DOES THE JOB TOO

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Helps me with depressive moods and PMS.

It works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this brand every night and it works. I don't think I can't live without it, specially in the fall/winter.

Always works great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take this for a better night's sleep and it always helps. When I dont take it, I dont sleep as well.

5-htp

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have been eating 2 caps a day for almost 3 weeks now but I dont feel any different

50/50

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Jury is still out on the long term effectiveness. Didn't work initially but after upping the dosage it did help my sleep quality.

No significant effect.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I did not nonotice any significant effect though I felt relaxed. But did not find any effect in stressful situations.

5 htp

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This supplement was excellent in helping me overcome benzodiazpine withdrawals. After starting this combined with gaba supplements I wouldn't say I was cured but it certainly made the overwhelming anxiety attacks, depression bouts, severe insomnia and pains and aches manageable. Rather then feeling 1/10 and 2/10 each day I was able to feel 5 or 6 out of 10 on a good day. And on a bad day rather then being bed ridden or insomniac for 3-4 hours I would only experience the insomnia for 1 or 1.5 hours as well as avoiding all severe or overwhelming panic/depression attacks. On a bad day I'd feel 3.5 or 4/10. When you are feeling 0.5/10 and you get the relief of 4/10 it makes a world of difference in managing these severe symptoms. I would recommend this supplement to anyone who suffers from drug induced pains or insomnia / anxiety attacks / depression / physical pain as it takes away the strain on the mental aspects of pain and leaves you to deal with the physical.

1 2 3