Why celebrities love an algae called Spirulina? Smoother, firmer, more radiant skin–with fewer wrinkles

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH REVIEWS on Jul 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. Spirulina, being a rich source of nucleic acids like DNA and RNA, provides your skin with age-defying nutrients. The result is smoother, firmer, more radiant skin – with fewer wrinkles and age spots! Spirulina contains high levels of chlorophyll, which is a good natural cleanser for the body. Spirulina is approximately 65 to 71 percent complete protein in its natural state. This is higher than virtually any other unprocessed food. (Note: whey protein, for example, has to be extracted and concentrated from dairy to reach higher levels.) Even better, spirulina protein is 95% digestible compared to meat sources, which may be only 20% digestible. And finally, since spirulina has no cellulose in its cell walls, it is extremely easy for the body to break it own. In fact, ITS AMINO ACIDS ARE DELIVERED TO THE BODY FOR ALMOST INSTANT ABSORPTION.

Wow!

Posted by vegangry on Jun 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

After one week of using these (only 2 tablet a day) I already started to notice that I have more energy and inspiration to do things! They are not too big and ok to swallow with some water.

So far good

Posted by MarieMR on Feb 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

No overpowering smells, just a fresh seaside smell to them. No fillers and very dark green colour. Easy to take for those who can not stomach in powder form, like me! Gives me boost of energy. Iherb provide quick and efficient service and fast delivery times Thank you.

I love spirulina, so I compared 4 brands

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

We have now been able to compare this brand with other brands. The results: This brand is very aromatic and tastes good, almost like Japanese candy. Is this because it is organic? A second brand, iHerb's Source Naturals, has less of a smell, and almost no taste. A 3rd brand is an expensive Hawaiian brand. A 4th Brand's powder tastes dreadful. Our family prefers this brand. My only concern was whether they are made in China because of the high industrial pollution rampant there. Heavy metals emitted by industry do go into the water where they are absorbed immediately by hungry Spirulina. The effect is that by consuming Chinese spirulina, I would be adding those poisonous heavy metals to my body negating the purpose of Spirulina: detoxification of heavy metals. I asked "Healthy Origins" where their Spirulina is make. It is grown in India. So it is safe.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Has this been tested for radiation?

Easy to swallow tablets

Posted by Admonish on Jan 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love the size of these tablets, not gag-inducing like many else. The fact that they are organic and cheap makes them a winner. This item is permanent on my shopping list.

value for money

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Really good value for money at this bulk size. I tried the trial offer first and it worked as well for me as GNC capsules I used to pay a lot more for. Stronger nails and hair, and I go more regularly. Hate the slightly salty taste but the pills are small and easy to swallow so that nasty part is over quick and easy.

Competitively priced!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is not a miracle pill. Supplements are, like the name suggests just supplements. That said, Spirulina is not something you absolutely need to have in your daily diet. It is however something good to have. I have made changes to my daily such as changing my diet, leading a more active lifestyle and finally, introducing supplements into my diet. I must say I am feeling rejuvenated. No longer am I that tired. This could be due to my weight-loss, my strengthened body, the supplements or all 3. I am more convinced that all this goodness is due to all 3 changes working synergistically. Grab a bottle now and try it. I took a leap and faith with the 720 capsules bottle and never looked back. You can always go for the smaller quantities on your first try. Good luck with the results!!!

Fantastic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Thuis is a great product and works for me. I use it to clean my inner body as a full detox. After 8 weeks I take 2 pills for maintenance. You have to feel what works for you. Nobody is the samen.

best priced organic spirulina

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Great daily tonic for my cat. She pushes my hand aside to get to her "treats" as I put them down for her. 2 daily for maintenance. 4 if cat is not well. Mine has been sick twice with no appetite. When she had a very stressed liver, (vet said she may have eaten a poisoned mouse), after days of no appetite the first and only thing I got her to eat was spirulina. She ate 12 straight!! Then gradually back to normal food. Very high in protein, has vitamins, minerals, prebiotics..a complete nutritional package.