Best Value true Pycnogenol. Remember to take this with a little vitamin C

Posted by Reviewer2325387 on Jan 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

There is some evidence to suggest that OPCs such as grapeseed and Pycnogenol are better absorbed if one takes them with a little vitamin C (e.g. amla powder or acerola, or camu camu, or rosehips etc.), so do consider that when using Pycnogenol. On the value side of things, it makes me laugh that people buy masquelier's pine bark extract in an attempt to save money, but Healthy Origins' Pycnogenol is LOWER cost-per-mg. People just look at the bottle price and don't stop to calculate the maths: Source Naturals, Masquelier's French Pine Bark Extract: 50 mg, 60 Tablets = $22.68 = 3000mg = 0.756 cents per mg Healthy Origins Genuine Pycnogenol: 100mg, 30 capsules = $19.99 = 3000mg = 0.666 cents per mg 100mg, 60 capsules = $32.95 = 6000mg = 0.549 cents per mg I'll keep buying this Healthy Origins genuine Pycnogenol. However, I COMBINE it with a little vitamin C, some Now EGCg, Now 'Mega Potency' grapeseed extract, and Now 240mg (generic) pinebark extract. If you're a big fan of antioxidants, please steer clear of Alpha Lipoic Acid as it is potentially hazardous if one has heavy metals in the body &/or has mercury dental amalgams, since it can carry heavy metals into the brain. People think it's just an anti-oxidant but it isn't. If you want to take an anti-oxidant which (like ALA) is BOTH water-soluble AND fat-soluble, then a safer option would be astaxanthin. Healthy Origins also do very good value astaxanthin.

Really Versatile

Posted by HawaiianViking on Sep 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Originally, I started taking Pycnogenol to ameliorate the symptoms of von Willebrand disease (a blood coagulation disorder), and it certainly helped reduce the frequency of nosebleeds. Beyond that, however, I noticed that my usually cool hands and feet were warm and flushed with color, even in cold environments. After about two weeks, I noticed that my skin was clearer, more even, and more smooth than it has ever been before. If my results are typical, this brand's (Healthy Origins) Pycnogenol is high-quality and also a very good value. I've recommended it to those dealing with blood coagulation/clotting disorders, to those with high blood pressure, as well as to those with erectile dysfunction. Healthy Origins, Pycnogenol truly deserves five (out of five possible) stars.

Amazing product!

Posted by Reviewer1920078 on Aug 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I started using this product for my skin. It has definitely helped with making my skin more supple and youthful looking. I am 43 and was at Costco today when one of the ladies giving out samples asked me what products I used for my face because my skin looked so nice. I believe it is this product that has made the difference. I also read about the benefits of using this product for ADD children. My son is 11, and I began giving this to him right after school ended, Within one week, his emotional outbursts had improved 90%. He even asks to take his "medicine" because it makes him feel so much better. I don't know if it will help with his attention in school, but if we can avoid the emotional meltdowns, I am one happy Mommy. It is not cheap, but it isn't any more expensive than the toxic ADHD medications that most doctors will prescribe for your child. Try this first.

Makes a HUGE Difference

Posted by Reviewer2056166 on Nov 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have a long history of varicose veins.I've had veins stripped twice. I took this for years. Stopped for about a year, veins returned, so I made an appointment to have them fixed. Well, 2 bottles later (and my appointment hasn't come around yet) I don't know if he'll be able to find veins to inject! This works exceedingly well.

This actually works to relieve nueropathy symptoms!

Posted by Reviewer2075351 on Mar 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have experienced substantial immediate relief of my neuropathy while taking Pycnogenol 100mg. The numbness in my feet decreased about 50%, and the occasional pain was reduced by 90%! I am very happy with it, and use it daily!

Helps bad veins

Posted by Reviewer2052370 on Aug 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is an awesome supplement. I had improved blood flow in my lower legs from the first day I took it. It is a blood thinner and anti-inflammatory. I also got the book "User's Guide to Pycnogenol" as a freebie from I-herb and found it very informative. Anyone with vein issues or systemic inflammation or leg edema should read this book. The pycnogenol really does what the book says it does, and unlike many books re supplements, this book gives dosage information. I am splitting two 100 mg capsules per day, taking 2/3 capsule in the morning, 2/3 capsule early afternoon and 2/3 capsule at bedtime. My legs feel a lot better. Much less itching, and edema significantly reduced, unless I keep my legs down or shop all day. According to the book, one may need more than I am taking to resolve vein issues--I am still breaking this in. At my Dr's suggestion, I was already taking 2000fu of nattokinase 2x/day for high fibrinogen, so I am trying to be conservative about the amount of an additional blood thinner.

Not as good as other brand.

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I used the similar product of Now foods and I was very pleased: cramps gone, less swollen feet, even the eye sight got better. Unfortunately, I didn't experience the same effects with Healthy Origins. Will finish the bottle, but will not repurchase. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

So far already seeing benefits!

Posted by Reviewer1139021 on Mar 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this pycogenol for about a month so far (1 per day) and the main thing I have noticed is that my allergies/cough have pretty much gone away completely. At the beginning of January this year I got sick with a pretty bad cold and have had a cough ever since that is only at night and in the morning. My doctor told me that it was most likely allergies or asthma, neither of which I have had before. The pycogenol is the only thing I have added to my regimen of vitamins/supplements in the past month and now my cough is gone.Yay!! I am also hoping this will help with my endometriosis pain which was the reason that I started taking it so hopefully I can report back seeing a benefit on that soon too. I plan to start taking this twice a day instead of once so I'm hoping that will help.

I hope these help

Posted by 4759571470622283620 on Aug 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought these because I read that they help sperm morphology. I read an article on a clinical trial saying that in 90 days it helped men raise their sperm morphology by 38%. We will be retesting in another month and a half or so and I will update the review to let you know if it worked or not. I don't typically write reviews, but when I was researching this no one mentioned anything about sperm improvement. Hope this helps some one :) UPDATE: It worked!! The morphology on the first test my hubby took was 1% morphology, and today the second one was 16% (anything above 14% is normal). Also this works great for period cramps!! I took this once a day and I didn't need to use any pain medicine.

Helped a lot for Tinnitus

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Apr 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

There are a lot of claims on the Internet about the many maladies pycnogenol supposedly cures. I'm skeptical (it doesn't seem to help with my allergies or sinus infections), but here's one that it definitely helped me with: Tinnitus. Tinnitus is a constant ringing in the ears. I've had it at least since my 20s, and lately it has gotten much worse. Within a week or two of taking 2 capsules of this product a day, I noticed that the ringing had dropped in half, maybe more. It's still there, but it's faint, and I don't usually notice it unless I focus on it or I'm in a completely silent room (which isn't often). I did go off this supplement for a couple months, and it wasn't long before the ringing came back full force. Now that I know what it's like to be mostly free of that constant, annoying ring, I don't want to go back. As long as Pycnogenol keeps working for my problem, I will continue purchasing this. . . . On a side note, Healthy Origins had the best price I could find for 60 capsules at a 100 mgs per capsule. At two a day, that lasts a month. I did try to take just one a day, but the noise in my ears increased, so I went back to two. . . . See my Profile for More Reviews!