Ineffective or dud - save your time and money and buy something else

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jun 21, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Selenium interests me because peer reviewed studies have shown it to regulate circadian rhythm and 5-lipoxygenase, which converts essential fatty acids into leukotrienes, as well as more well known roles in thyroid, breast and hormone health. I have tried sodium selenite, selenate, Selenomethionine, selenocysteine, and high selenium yeast. Of these, the most effective I have found is a 100mcg high selenium yeast I purchased locally, thus I decided to try this one. These capsules are tiny, less than half the size of the 100mcg ones I was taking - great, no filler. However, when I took this one - nothing. Not a single benefit was felt and after a couple of days I realised I was sliding backwards. Went back to the 100mcg one I bought locally - voila - equilibrium restored. The expiry date on the package is Nov 2017 so that shouldn't be the issue. Who knows - won't be taking or buying again to find out. Recommend selenomethionine as next best - I got the Now Foods one. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Selenium Excell 200mcg

Posted by Reviewer1092067 on Mar 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent product of top quality selenium. My asthma of 60 years has been reduced to 5% and I do not take any regular medical drugs for asthma since taking these selenium tablets. Craig

Healthy Origins, Seleno Excell, 200 mcg, 180 Capsules

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on May 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Perfect supplement. I am vegetarian, almost vegan and I live in northern country, so we do not have fresh harvest all year round and sometimes I am supplementing my diet with beneficial things. This supplement is what I need, very pure formula, only with gelatin caps, nothing added!!! I am recommending it!

postage to NZ

Posted by Gymmad on Oct 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This free postage is amazing my last order arrived to my door in seven days. Smartly packed with a thank you gift and the selenium that arrived safe and sound is a great deal No need to search else where Regards David

Healthy Origins, Seleno Excell, Selenium, 200 mcg, 180 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Oct 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Healthy Origins, Seleno Excell, Selenium, 200 mcg, 180 Capsules

selenium

Posted by Reviewer1521719 on Jan 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

i see some green spots inside the box it looks like mold but i am not sure for this..i will try another brand next time.

Natural Selenium

Posted by FromCanada on Oct 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Great product, doesn't have any aftertaste, like many selenium tablets. Easy to swallow. If taken with vitamin E, provides whole body antioxidant protection. The skin looks better.

meme

Posted by 5349023386965997238 on Jun 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

good product

Great quality for a low price.

Posted by 5258120110855876798 on Jul 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Very nice product. Has a good amount of selenium in each capsule, so I have been taking this on and off. It's lasted me for a long time now. It seems more "natural/organic" than most dietary supplements, which I like. Can't really say if this has done anything miraculous for my body, I've combined it with other supplements and haven't been feeling any worse-at least! I'll probably purchase this again in the future and I'd recommend Healthy Origins as a brand.

Very Good Product