Help

One of the best and safest vitamin D supplements on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Apr 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Unlike other vitamin D supplements, this one is non-GMO and doesn't contain such dangerous ingredients as ethyl cellulose, sodium alginate, ammonium hydroxide, titanium dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, stearic acid. Vitamin D is beneficial in treating such conditions, as heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, arthritis, osteoporosis, osteomalacia, bone loss, rheumatism, diabetes, hypophosphatemia and Fanconi syndrome, low blood calcium levels, hyperparathyroidism, myelodysplastic syndrome, rickets, neurodegenerative conditions, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, attention disorders, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, respiratory infections, breathing disorders, bronchitis, metabolic syndrome, muscle pain, proximal myopathy, cystic fibrosis, premenstrual syndrome, stress, anxiety, autoimmune diseases, depression, psoriasis, vitiligo, scleroderma, actinic keratosis, and lupus vulgaris, as well as other conditions. It boosts and strengthens the immune system, regulates the levels of phosphorous and calcium in the body, supports healthy joints, bones, teeth, skin, and hair, maintains proper bone structure, helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood sugar spikes, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, improves brain function, reduces inflammation. It's a pretty good and safe product. Would recommend it.

Vitamin D changed my life!!!

Posted by Triangle8 on Nov 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I will never go without Vitamin D again! ---- A little background: I'm 31, athletic, and live in the Northwest where there is almost zero chance of getting Vitamin D from the sun 9 months of the year. I've tried everything from apple cider vinegar, Lugol's iodine, blackstrap molasses, marine phytoplankton, and so much more. Vitamin D has helped more in 24 hours than any of these. Specifically I have more energy, flexibility, and muscle stamina that I can ever remember. The day after my first pill, I could feel the difference during my workout, which I had not felt in the previous 10 weeks. I've been taking 1 a day for a month now, and the benefits continue, which include less joint pain, better skin complexion, less stress/mental fatigue, and overall well being. For reference, I took the 25-hydroxy Vitamin D test before hand, which came in at 35.

Perfect for dismal/dark autumn/winter time

Posted by ReputableReviewer on Nov 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is my first time trying D3 all alone not in multi complex or etc. It is enough cold and very dark now where I live. There are 4-5 days in a row without any sunshine. It is very hard for me to work, to be joyful and energetic. So I am trying these. Only second day and I am feeling difference after consuming them. I think I will use them in the future again and again for sure.

Dosage too high

Posted by PurplePegasus on Nov 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This acts as a very potent diuretic to me. Lower dosage is preferred. Better to take a pill 3-4 times a day than one which overloads my system & which my body attempts to get rid of ASAP. Also H.O. is not a good brand, none of the supplements I've tried of theirs ever do anything.

Good product, good price

Posted by Latti321 on Feb 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Dosage is high but good if you need to raise a vitamin D level. Besides during the winter this product could be necessary to many people. I've been using 1000 IU tablets (~ 4000 IU/day) to get my vitD in blood from 25ng/ml to 42ng/ml. To get best results from usage of vitD I want to raise this level a little bit more - so 5000 IU seems to be the right amount during the winter time. I've been reading a lot about benefits of using vitamin D and now strongly believe that it's one of the best supplements. Don’t be afraid of high dosage - it's fine during the long winter months with very little sunshine.

Best value for your money, very potent and efficient

Posted by morganwellinger on Jan 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My favorite vitamin D! Can't beat the price, and the value is great. High potency, I feel so much more energetic and upbeat (just like how you feel when your under beautiful rays of sunshine!) Take these along with high quality omega 3s, probiotics, vitamin c, and zinc and you'll never get sick!

smells like off watter...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've taken this product because D3 is highly recommended and the size is quite small. Though it smells weird, quite different from other supplements I have taken in the past. DOn't know if it's a faulty product or it's natural character. I am running out of it and will get another batch pretty soon so will figure it out...

Great!

Posted by australia on Nov 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Easy to swallow

I have a few people taking this dose...

Posted by DoctorMav on Oct 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

...and their serum Vitamin D levels are improving from quite attrocious levels. In Australia, you should aim to have a minimum reading of 100 nmol/L (in US this is equivalent to 40 ng/mL). The best source of Vit D is sunlight (when sun is directly overhead). Get it regularly but never to point where it burns you. Consider taking astaxanthin to boost your skin's ability to resist damage from free radicals.

Vitamin D3

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These are a must up north, facing another long , cold and dark winter again.