Great value and a years supply!

Posted by NaturalMum on May 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

When you buy vitamin D supplements watch out for cheap brands that use D2 instead of cholecalciferol aka D3. I've done my research and D2 is poorly absorbed so much more (I've read up to 4 times as much) is needed for the same effect and taking that much could lead to Vitamin D toxicity. Stick with good ol' safe D3 and even better get some sun on your skin as much as possible and save the supplement for winter or days when you just can't get outside. Please click 'yes' if you found this helpful and click my NaturalMum link above for more reviews on natural beauty products, vitamins and supplements.

Great Value

Posted by GOQ664 on Apr 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Helps me to maintain normal Vitamin D levels after being diagnosed with a deficiency last year.

A necessity if you have low D levels!!!

Posted by Reviewer1373671 on Oct 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

These pills of sunshine have changed my life. Before these, I was constantly tired, depressed (for no reason), had acne and was achy all the time. It was hard to scrape myself out of bed, let alone live a fulfilling life. These little pills have been a miracle; I'm talking night and day. I take 2 of these a day with magnesium and I'll NEVER stop. What a difference... I have energy; the acne is gone; my joints and back feel terrific. Love this sup and iherb. Thanks!

Is there a thing that dramatically reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and inflammation?

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Yes, it’s vitamin D. It also reduces the risk of all cancers by 77 percent and activates telomerase. If possible, please get your vitamin D for free: Just go outside and spend 10-20 minutes in the (strong) sunshine. I don’t recommend that you apply synthetic sunscreen to prevent sunburn. Instead, take astaxanthin which acts like an internal sunscreen. Please visit my Products-With-Reviews page for my review on astaxanthin (and other products), and also for My Favorite Products. However, if it is winter or you live in the far northern or southern hemispheres, you need supplement with vitamin D. I recommend you supplement with at least 5,000 IU of vitamin D every day.

This Vitamin D Works Excellently

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Mar 29, 2015 | Verified Purchase

These capsules are small and very easy to swallow. I like the fact that the oil used is coldpressed olive oil. 5,000 IU = 125 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D, has been the right dosage for me all year round, although I am quite small in size. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and now in March 2015 my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. If you found this review helpful, kindly indicate that by clicking on the Yes Button, thank you.

Very effective

Posted by Reviewer1307389 on Sep 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I had to cut down on this product, because the bloodtest showed my Vit D levels were too high, after taking this product for some months. This product is very effective.

Good to take in autumin and winter to increase immunity, but the dosage is too high!

Posted by danarm on Sep 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is effective, but taking 5000 IU of D3 every day will make you very sleepy and is probably excessive. Should also contain vitamin K2 - vitamin D3 should always be taken with K2. It helped my knees immensely by increasing calcium uptake in bones (however, if you don't take it with K2, the calcium will also harden artery walls). Instead of this I recommend finding a product which contains only 1000 IU or less, and which also contains K2 (and also pay attention to the form of K2).