Help

Nutrient and fiber rich super food

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I began with the maximum dosage of 4 tbs per day, putting it on cereal, blending it with my post-workout drink, etc. In about three days I noticed a definite improvement in the quality of my sleep. Also if you are looking for something loaded with fiber that doesn't have the consistency of wood pulp give this a try. When mixed with milk or juice the chia flour takes on an almost creamy consistency. I highly recommend it.

very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I wanted to add to my daily fiber and saw that chia was also high in Omegas. I mix it in a drink with lots of other healthy stuff and like the taste. The texture took a little getting use to but now I'm fine with it.

Probably a good food but does have a taste...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Part of the blurb was that chia was universally usable in any recipe since it had a neutral tastt and texture, but it doesnt, it is slightly chewy and tastes a little like flax...I suppose the omega three part of it. However it can blend into smoothies and baked goods.

Love it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Really delicious. And that matters if you are thinking of drinking it frequently. I need a very high protein diet (blood sugar issues etc) but don't want to rely on any one source. So each morning I vary my protein shake. Every third day is my favourite when I have hazelnut milk and 5 tsp of this lovely chia seed. Worth noting, by the way, that Salba - sold by Iherb for more than twice the price of this Chia seed - is just 100% Chia seeds! And not even pre-ground. The ground seeds are fresh - no ranicd oil tastes which can be risk with pre-ground omega 3 seeds - and dislove moderately in nut/rice/soya milk. I do add a bit of stevia for sweetness. But the chia has a decent taste and is somewhat sweet and nutty. Certainly nicer than soya protein powder or rice protein powder. In addition, it has tons of excellent fiber and my body thanks me for that a few hours later!!! No bloating either. Only gripe: the label is inaccurate, also the iherb listings. Chia has a lot more protein than is listed here. 5 heap tsp is about 20 -22g. Same as a good sized steak! Oh, and lots of amazing healthy oils thrown in for free. Great price, great product, entirely natural.

very delicious

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

i use this in bread baking. it adds a nice chewy texture and nutrition.

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I'm vegetarian and this is a great source of omegas for me! The taste is mild and you can add it to your breakfast smoothie, yogurt or almost anything! Better than the seeds because with them you might have problems with them to digest properly... :)

Lovely & Light

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Lovely & light, fluffy chia. I add it to breads, baking etc

Healthy Origins, White Chia Flour, 12 oz (340 g)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

like this product, but as I began to use it I understood that I like whole seeds too. So no need to buy it as flour

New to Chia

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Just caught on to the value of Chia. This is a great way to add it to your diet. Works in many recipes without effecting taste.

White Chia Flour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A good substitute in recipes for chia seeds

1 2