Help

Excellent product that actually works. None better than Herb-Pharm out there.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I had read about the strong pain relieving benefits of Jamaican Dogwood, in combination with Feverfew, years ago. I suffered from excruciating back pain from several traumatic injuries over the years. Virtually all of the local vitamin/herb shops in my area no longer carried Herb-Pharm products, the sales & marketing double talkers of the big corporate herbal companies had made sure their products filled the shelves. I tried Gaia Herbs and another companies JD/Feverfew compound and started questioning the source of my information on it's effectiveness, it did nothing for me. Having re-discovered Herb-Pharm products a few years ago, shopping on iherb and noticing the label from so long ago that made me a believer in herbal healing in the first place, then making note of the significant difference in the quality and actual effectiveness of their products, I still only gave the Jamaican Dogwood passing glances. After recently discovering Ed Smith's (One of the founders of Herb-Pharm) podcasts and hearing him talk about J. Dogwood, I gave it another try. Finally a product that lives up to the claims. It does well on it's own for some things & is fantastic in combination with Feverfew for others. It is now on my list of herbs I will never be without and one of the first things to go in my travel case. So much more than just a pain killer. J. Dogwood is actually a nerve sedative & anti-spasmodic. And a very strong one at that, when it's made well with high quality plant source to start. I suffer, and I can't over emphasize the word "suffer" enough, with a Hiatal Hernia. [The top of the stomach, where the esophagus connects to it after it passes through your diaphragm herniates/spasms and pushes up through the hole in the diaphragm, making it hard to breath deeply & when really bad, tearing it open more.] This also gets exacerbated by gallbladder colic and can feel like you've been shot in the stomach or causes a burning pain in the spine just opposite the diaphragm. Before I knew better, it had put me in the hospital twice. After hearing on the podcast that the J.Dogwood is good for intestinal/gallbladder colic, I tried it when I had a bad flair up and couldn't believe how quickly it resolved. It was like finding the key to a lifelong prison cell. In combination with Feverfew, it is a powerhouse for my back & joint pain. The sedative properties also help you sleep well & are beneficial for Neuralgia and said to allay delirium caused by high fevers & drug/alcohol withdrawal. It is a fairly strong sedative, so requires some caution, especially with children or aged/feeble adults. Do your research & get two bottles, your never going to want to be without it again.

works well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Hubs has used this for pain from shingles and I have used it for help with migraine pain. If you get migraine you know nothing is a cure all, but this does help take it down a notch. For shingles, Hubs has found the Willow Meadowsweet blend works better than the JD by itself.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

helps to get rid of pain and helps me get a good night's sleep, without drugs

works a little

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I believe this product has helped me fall asleep easier, although it doesn't seem to last more than a few hours.

sleepless

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

useless!

Good against pain

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It is not so good for sleep but it helps me aginst low back pain.

Jamaican Dogwood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Quality product and fast shipping from a great company. Product came overnight, very impressed!

good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use Jamaican Dogwood for pain and to relax my muscles and it works very well indeed, for a long time even. Not like a pain pill, but very subtle to just take away enough pain to allow me to relax and go to sleep. It can make you dopey and not be able to wake up the next day if you take too much, so don't overdo it!