Ayuverdic ingredients

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

For those who are insterested in the ingredients, searching in the product web: The ingredients are : Coconut Oil : it nourishes, moisturises and lightens your skin tan. Wild Ginger : soothes the skin and helps prevent infections and rashes. Lime Peel Oil : for a refreshing cooling effect and rich, penetrating lather with an astringent action. Hydnocarpus Oil : helps prevent skin problems, rashes and outbreaks. Orange Oil : tightens pores, helps prevent pimples and blackheads. Sandalwood Oil : to cool, refresh and gently prefume your skin.

Great soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this stuff forever, and have even gotten my husband to use it - he gets very dry skin in the New England winters, and claims this stuff helped tremendously this year. Great price from iHerb and great fragrance too.

Overpowering smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This soap smells way too heavily, an incense-ish smell like an Indian store or a hippie festival. Don't get me wrong, I like those places, but in this soap it's just too overpowering and heady - the whole bathroom smells like it 24/7! Had to throw it away, almost felt like it gave me a headache, and I'm not sensitive to smells.

fabulous soap ****

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a wonderful soap. My friend, who is Fijian Indian said that sandalwood was great to help clear pimples. I was skeptical until I saw how much her face cleared up when she started using it. I bought a bar for my partner, who was prone to the odd pimple. When I saw how much his face cleared up, I started using it as well. I don't really have a problem with acne, but I have noticed an improvement in my overall complexion since using this. It can be drying, so I usually apply a thin layer of grapeseed oil to my face before applying the lather from the soap. I then wash it off with a warm face cloth. Without the applying the oil layer first, it leaves the skin taught and dry. I finish off with "Desert Essence, Thoroughly Clean Oil Control Lotion, Oily & Combination Skin, 4 fl oz (120 ml)". It is a truly magical combination. I was reading that alot of people were concerned about the use of 'caustic soda' in it. Caustic soda is sodium hydroxide, also known simply as lye. This ingredient is used in pretty much all soaps, even in things like Dr Bronners castille soaps. You will be hard pressed to find a commercial soap made without lye! When made correctly, there should be no lye left within the soap after the saponification process. I personally do not like the scent, but the benefits far outweigh it! It took me about 2 months to get used to the fragrance, but it was so worth the adjustment. I think it takes a couple of weeks of use to reap the full benefits, so grab a bar and give it a go! For $1 you really can't go wrong.

Great soap!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have used this soap for over 20 years, its so clean smelling and nice on the skin.

Good Value Soap!

Posted by Read-Me-Now-Be-Happy on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This soap is nice. We found it works very well for dry skin, sensitive skin, and cleans well too. The scent is a bit minty-herbal though hard to describe. There's not much information for this product though the ingredients seem natural. The soap is from India. It will grow on you. The price is great. We'll buy it again!

Best soap after trying several brands from iherb

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Read the various reviews and tried several different soaps with 4-5 star ratings. I think this is the best one in terms of fragrance and skin softness.

smells good

Posted by fennel on Aug 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Like this soap and it seems ok, but wonder what the ingredients are and perhaps would rather buy one where the ingredients are declared in future.

I couldnt stand

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It smells terrible... I couldnt even keep it in my room as my entire house smelt too awful.

Amazing Soap!!!!

Posted by bhaktaboy on Oct 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this soap for years and absolutely love it! I use nothing else. I even use this to wash my hair instead of shampoo. The smell is divine and the soap leaves my skin so soft, smooth and smelling fresh without overpowering. Highly recommend!!!!!