Works wonderfully!

Posted by Reviewer1613928 on May 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is more like a dark brown/black color, which is what I actually wanted. You need to buy a hair coloring brush to apply it. Long lasting color and I think it works better than commercial hair dyes I've tried. The best part is no bad chemicals, no bad smell, and no burning. Try using an apple cider vinegar rinse before coloring to remove build-up and your hair will soak up this dye.

Dark Chestnut = Very Darkest Brown

Posted by 5523849591739848330 on Jul 15, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have a super sensitive scalp. I was hoping that this color would not aggravate it, but unfortunately, it did. In fact, it hurts/itches just as awful as with the harsher chemicals. HOWEVER!! There is no awful smell using this product. Additionally, my hair is shiny and feels great after using it. And the best part?? The 100% gray coverage is no joke. Other products may claim this, but even with my stubborn non-previously color treated grays, I didn’t see a single one after using this treatment (that has never happened with other products I’ve tried). Now, be aware – this is not like the regular colors you get from the stores where you plop step 1 into step 2’s bottle and shake. This comes in small bottles you can mix together in a separate container and then put onto your hair. I used a cup with a hair color brush I had purchased from a beauty supply store. Worked great, even if it was a little messier than I would have preferred (you can also buy the bottles at beauty supply stores if you prefer that method). The great part about this is that even for my super long hair, I am now able to do a root touch up using just 25% of the bottle. (The color I use is my natural color, so I’m really just trying to cover the grays.) This is great because I’m not wasting unnecessary product, and I’m saving money at the same time. As stated in the review title, this color is a beautiful brown/black. Overall, I’m so glad I found this product, and I consider it a great buy!

I have found my new hair color

Posted by Reviewer1936157 on Jul 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been going to the same person for 10 years for my color and cut but because I moved to another State, I had to do something different. I was nervous about finding someone new to do my color and wanted to use a natural hair color but didn't want henna. After reading several reviews, I tried the Herbavita and am very happy. I mixed the Dark Chestnut with a little Mahogony Chestnut for some red highlights and love the result. My hair is very shiny and the color has lasted. I will definitely continue to use Herbavita!

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1722464 on Jan 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great gray coverage but the color is a bit darker than anticipayed

Gentle Hair Color

Posted by Reviewer2885784 on Oct 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been doing my own coloring for a while now and needed something gentle because my hair was getting dried out. My hair was so soft and healthy feeling after using this. It also covers grey very well. I love this stuff. Down-side: no applicator or mixing container, pretty much black not dark brown. Next time I will get a lighter shade.

90% grey coverage

Posted by Reviewer1605433 on Jan 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Doesn't quite cover the grey totally, but still, I am very pleased to find something so natural. This is a VERY dark brown colour, which is perfect for me. You will need to buy a hair dye comb/brush - you can buy them for a couple of pounds on Ebay. It's also wonderful that you only need use as much as you need, so short haired people can get 2 applications out of a box. I use around 3/4 of the whole box for my shoulder length hair, then after 2 weeks, use the 1/4 to touch up my roots and that really works well for a whole month like that! iherb as always provide speedy and wonderful service!

Posted by Reviewer1761618 on Nov 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product!

Covers the gray

Posted by Reviewer1385006 on Mar 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Easy to use. I like being able to mix only the amount needed for touch-ups.

Easy to use

Posted by Reviewer2355519 on Nov 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I put it all in a bottle instead of a bowl as the directions indicate. Much easier. This color is quite dark- almost black. If you want brown, I7d go one lighter.

Best haircolor I've ever used

Posted by Reviewer2262549 on Apr 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This color does not dry out your hair nor does it have ammonia in it. Of the products on the market this one feels the healthies to use.

1 2 3 4