Good Dye - All natural, but pick a lighter color

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The color was easy to use and had little odor. You may want to purchase a hair color bottle to apply the dye with because it does not come with anything. If you are dying your whole head and you have a lot of hair, you may have to use two kits. I have thick long hair, so one would not saturate all my hair. Luckily, I purchased two kits so I mixed them both up. The color is not Chestnut though, it is black. I would really recommend going one to two shades lighter. Next time I am mixing 5N and 6N and I normally have very dark brown hair.

Natural color

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm a real stickler when it comes to hair looking artificially colored—it really bothers me, that is, when it's supposed to look natural. Herbatint is the most natural looking color out there. The application isn't the most convenient (you have to put it in a bowl and smear it on your head)—there's no applicator. But, considering the end results, it's so worth it.

EXCELLENT FOR SENSITIVE SCALP!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is by far THE BEST natural haircolor I have tried...and I have tried at least 1/2 a dozen. It colors the grey completely, stays shiney throughout the 4 weeks and thickens my hair. I love it!

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this brand for about a year now. I love that it doesn't have a lot of the chemicals that most hair dyes have. It's very gentle & doesn't even have any sort of harsh smell, yet it provides great natural-looking color. It always leaves my hair looking even shinier and softer than before I used it.

best natural hair color

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've tried others, but feel this brand is most protective to my hair. The color is very good (dark and true), covers gray, and most importantly doesn't make my hair fall out like the other brands. The only thing I don't like is their conditioner--seems a little gummy to me, but I may try it again in different weather conditions. Also be aware that the number/letter system for hair color varies among brands, so a 3N in one isn't the same in another line. Check the color charts.

Would repurchase

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 17, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This works well to cover gray hair. I mix it with 6D to get my color. Since I've been using this, my hair no longer falls out when I color it. The smell is inoffensive and it feels good to know that I'm not using harsh, harmful chemicals on my hair and scalp anymore. Great product!

Gentle on my hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I colored my hair with this product three times, and I am impressed with the result. It doesn't burn my sculp or dry up my hair. I have been coloring my gray hair for almost 15 years. All other products I had used kept my hair smooth and shiny only for the first several days while the effect of the attached conditioners had continued. And soon after that, my hair started getting visibly dry and my sculp constantly itchy. Highly commendable product.

This is a fantastic product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

With all the news of scary commercial hair dyes... This is an ammonia free product that really does give good gray coverage and lasts a long time!

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This looks wonderful and covers grey. I won't be without it.

Great hair color

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This is really easy to use, has no ammonia, covers gray well and doesn't damage over time. I have long hair, but only touch up my roots each time, so each box is good for two applications.