Good dye, but it takes time to find a color that suits

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I started with 3N. All I wanted was brown color for my hair. However, 3N, 4N and 5N were way too dark. 6N is fine. However, 6N is not dark blonde, it is brown. The dye is good and covers gray hair.

The best.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I switched to this hair dye last year, and I love it. It's vegan and not tested on animals, which is really important to me. It also doesn't contain ammonia and has a nice, light smell. I found that the colour doesn't fade as bad as your typical drugstore brands either. I have long straight hair, and it coloured perfectly - no patchy spots, no lines of different colours. It's a gel, so it's easy to apply, but it doesn't really drip either. It makes my hair super soft and shiny. Keep in mind it doesn't come with an applicator bottle. I saved bottles from a brand of hairdye I used to use, and I just wash them and reuse them every time. As for colour selection, I had a bit of trial and error. I have to use two boxes due to the amount of hair I have, so I mix 6N with 7D. I have dark brown hair, so that combination lightens it a little bit, and adds a subtle reddish tone. Everyone's hair colours differently though. But if you have dark brown hair, I would warn that this colours darker than you think it will - you might want to choose a lighter shade than you normally would.

Best Gray coverage ever!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was having problems with normal drugstore brands covering my gray, but this did a fantastic job. It looks so natural, too, without much red tones. Just a little warning, it doesn't lighten much, I have brown hair and use the dark blond... makes my gray look blonde and the brown stays brown for really nice natural looking highlights... this is my favorite dye

Great haircolor!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like it. Because it doesn't damage my hair and my hair is shine after using this product. Concerning the choosing of color I have to say that the result is darker than in pack. I mix dark blonde and light chestnut to get beautiful light chestnut color. In order to get good result you have to keep it minimum 45 minutes on your hair. Best regards and good luck to everybody!

toxic

Posted by beafawcett on Jan 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I tried this because it was suggested it was a not toxic product, safe adn easy to use. It was simple, mixing from two bottles and then applying direct. The first complaint I have is colour. I bought something described as 'dark blonde'. where I come from my hair is now an attractive mid-brown. Not a big problem, but a silly error and no need for it. It does mean that regrowth to my natural dark blonde will be annoyingly visible. My biggest complaint is the problem of toxicity. Whatever it is that this product contains made me pretty sick. I washed my hair for three days after use, adding bi-card to the shampoo and cider vinegar as a final rinse. After that the irritation stopped, but the nausea took a couple more days. For anyone who is genuinely sensitve to unexpected chemicals this product should be avoided. It may be okay for those who are simply trying to reduce their overall exposure. In future I will stick to plain henna

Return to a great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I switched to Surya, also sold on iHerb, but have returned to this hair color that I love to use. Surya is healthier for your hair, but this one lasts longer. I buy the permanent herbatint. Does not fade out. Instead gray hair grows out which lasts longer than the Surya that fades every time I shampoo (daily). Both easy to use with beautiful results.

The Best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the best hair color I have ever used. I am going gray, and this matches my hair color perfectly. I apply it with a brush, using two mirrors - 3 in fact to get the back applied. I only use half the box for one use, and I usually wait 3 or 4 weeks before coloring. Highly recommend this product. PS I have light brown hair, and after experimenting I found 6N to be the right color for me. It is called Dark Blonde, but however, that's the one for me!

Good

Posted by KrisHolth on Aug 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The haircolor is great and covers gray hair. But this color was to light for me. I have brown hair and the number 5N was better for me.

Herbatint

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a nice product that smells very pleasant, no horrible chemical smells. As I am 50% gray need to use the N series but it works well blending 50% with gold color. Results are pretty natural looking. Easy to use.

Good colour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I do like this permanent herbal haircolor. It has a natural dark blonde shade. Longlasting with a minimal of cruel ingredients. Will buy again