Works wonderfully!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is more like a dark brown/black color, which is what I actually wanted. You need to buy a hair coloring brush to apply it. Long lasting color and I think it works better than commercial hair dyes I've tried. The best part is no bad chemicals, no bad smell, and no burning. Try using an apple cider vinegar rinse before coloring to remove build-up and your hair will soak up this dye.

I have found my new hair color

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been going to the same person for 10 years for my color and cut but because I moved to another State, I had to do something different. I was nervous about finding someone new to do my color and wanted to use a natural hair color but didn't want henna. After reading several reviews, I tried the Herbavita and am very happy. I mixed the Dark Chestnut with a little Mahogony Chestnut for some red highlights and love the result. My hair is very shiny and the color has lasted. I will definitely continue to use Herbavita!

Dark Chestnut = Very Darkest Brown

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 15, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have a super sensitive scalp. I was hoping that this color would not aggravate it, but unfortunately, it did. In fact, it hurts/itches just as awful as with the harsher chemicals. HOWEVER!! There is no awful smell using this product. Additionally, my hair is shiny and feels great after using it. And the best part?? The 100% gray coverage is no joke. Other products may claim this, but even with my stubborn non-previously color treated grays, I didn’t see a single one after using this treatment (that has never happened with other products I’ve tried). Now, be aware – this is not like the regular colors you get from the stores where you plop step 1 into step 2’s bottle and shake. This comes in small bottles you can mix together in a separate container and then put onto your hair. I used a cup with a hair color brush I had purchased from a beauty supply store. Worked great, even if it was a little messier than I would have preferred (you can also buy the bottles at beauty supply stores if you prefer that method). The great part about this is that even for my super long hair, I am now able to do a root touch up using just 25% of the bottle. (The color I use is my natural color, so I’m really just trying to cover the grays.) This is great because I’m not wasting unnecessary product, and I’m saving money at the same time. As stated in the review title, this color is a beautiful brown/black. Overall, I’m so glad I found this product, and I consider it a great buy!

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great gray coverage but the color is a bit darker than anticipayed

Gentle Hair Color

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been doing my own coloring for a while now and needed something gentle because my hair was getting dried out. My hair was so soft and healthy feeling after using this. It also covers grey very well. I love this stuff. Down-side: no applicator or mixing container, pretty much black not dark brown. Next time I will get a lighter shade.

90% grey coverage

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Doesn't quite cover the grey totally, but still, I am very pleased to find something so natural. This is a VERY dark brown colour, which is perfect for me. You will need to buy a hair dye comb/brush - you can buy them for a couple of pounds on Ebay. It's also wonderful that you only need use as much as you need, so short haired people can get 2 applications out of a box. I use around 3/4 of the whole box for my shoulder length hair, then after 2 weeks, use the 1/4 to touch up my roots and that really works well for a whole month like that! iherb as always provide speedy and wonderful service!

excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2017 | Verified Purchase

one of the best hair colors used so far

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO USED THIS PRODUCT , I LOVE IT BECAUSE THE INGREDIENTS IS MADE FROM ORGANIC AND I KNOW IT WILL MAKE YOUR HAIR NICE BECAUSE OF NO CHEMICALS . AND I WAS RIGHT , BEFORE MY HAIR IS FRIZZY AND VERY DRY BEC I USED HAIR COLORED FOR 2 YEARS FOR MY GREY HAIR AND IT MAKE MY HAIR BRITTLE BUT WHEN I STARTED TO USED HERBATINT HAIR COLOR AND HERBATINT SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER , WOW MY HAIR BECOME SOFT AND SHINY . THANK YOU IHERB FOR THIS WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.

Nice product