Great respiratory support...

Posted by huck03 on Aug 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I discovered this product quite by accident, and have now taken it for a couple of years. Holy Basil is often marketed as supporting a 'feeling of calmness and well-being', so I gave it a try. It did nothing to support the claims, but I did notice that I was breathing more easily. I have asthma, and at that time I was taking inhaled corticosteroids twice a day, still having minor trouble at night, and bouts of acute illness during allergy seasons. After researching the Holy Basil a bit more, I found that respiratory support was it's traditional use! I weaned off those steroids, under dr supervision, and now use this herb 2x a day, along with reishi. While I still have minor disturbances in the evenings or when around allergens, I find than an extra dose improves things. I also keep a rescue inhaler on hand at all times... Just in case! Asthma is nothing to play with, so I'd never change meds without consulting a dr, but this herb has WORKED for me! iHerb has it for the best price I've found.

Great for Anxiety

Posted by Reviewer2074869 on Feb 06, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I take it for anxiety and it gives results in less than 30 minutes after taking it. I usually take one pill if the anxiety level is mild, and two or three if it is high. It also helps me to avoid getting IBS, which usually happens after intense anxiety derived from stressful situations.

Holy Basil

Posted by Reviewer1351020 on Mar 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this for about 5 months now. I had read that it helped modulate cortisol levels and helped respiration. I have found this to be true on both comments. AH

Happy pills

Posted by 4997456849209915264 on Jan 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

These help with my depression where St. John's Wort and 5-HTP failed.

Got my insomnia under control

Posted by 5323651761075154223 on Dec 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Holy Basil got my insomnia and anxiety under control. I feel great since I started taking the supplement. Before Holy Basil, I tried all kinds of meds but nothing had long lasting effect. I'm taking one pill before bedtime and in rare cases when my anxiety is high I take one pill during the day and one before bedtime.

Can't comment yet

Posted by adechamplain on Nov 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this to use to help my Adrenals. I haven't used it yet much. I have lately tried Tulsi tea and found that it totally made me feel calm and it was a great focussed feeling. No anxiety so I wanted to have something like this on hand to try should I find myself anxious and needing centring but I can't yet comment on this one.

Holy Basil is calming agent

Posted by 4898716772276784502 on Sep 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I started taking holy basil capsules and feel a calming affect apart from improving general health.

helps deal with stress

Posted by Reviewer1052411 on Feb 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Can tell a difference in how I experience stressful situations and people. Seem to be maintaining my focus and calm. Very good.

Excellent service by Iherb

Posted by Reviewer2849359 on Jul 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

It is great for stress and relaxation.

Excellent product

Posted by 5341869509831413891 on Sep 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Gives clarity and peace of mind

1 2