Finally! Great flour for a great price!

Posted by Reviewer1891571 on Apr 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I don't know what I would do without iherb! I've been baking sourdough bread for the last couple of years, mostly rye, so I tried rye from our local health food store - too much money for a small bag, tried one from amazon (Dark Rye Flour - Bulk 50 Pound Bag Offered by Honeyville Food Products) which was awful and it was too much flour for us anyway, and finally - my favourite size, my favourite flour on my favourite website! This flour makes perfect sourdough bread! I'm happy and will be coming back for more! Thank you very much, iherb!

Can't Get Rye Flour in NYC

Posted by Reviewer2901478 on Dec 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

...except for loooots of $$$ at specialty stores, so I ordered it from iHerb. It came quickly and is great quality. I use it to make rye sourdough. So glad I found this site!!

just what I wanted and just what I needed

Posted by Reviewer1171772 on Jun 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

the stone milled flour is absolutely awesome. have been baking my own rye bread every day now. no more gooey or foamy breads from grocery stores. this flour is rich in fiber and I feel much healthier now. life is good...

Perfect!

Posted by Reviewer2985597 on Jan 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Perfect for lithuanian "black" bread. Very happy with products and service quality. Thank you iHerb!

Number 1 rye flour

Posted by Reviewer1277028 on Dec 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Wow! makes a difference. the best of the best. the price is moderate. I'm very very happy.^^*

Great for 100% rye sourdough bread!

Posted by victoriajames on Aug 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This works great for my 100% rye sourdough bread, the result is not sticky as when baking with the more finely ground rye flour, but you need to let the bread sit covered with a towel for several hours.

good buy

Posted by Reviewer3030776 on Oct 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Happy with the texture and quality. Bakes up quite tasty.

GardenerBen

Posted by 5637818589169727542 on Apr 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This flour can not be purchased in any local retail grocery store and I wanted the rye to specifically be used to start a sourdough culture. They claim that the rye flour has more usable microbiol life still attached to it and using the flour and pineapple juice was the best way to start your own sourdough culture. I successfully got a wild yeast culture going BUT no lactobacillus activity has arrived at all...so the culture is NOT sour...not even in a microscopic amount. :( The flour makes great tasting bread using conventional bakers yeast so I'm happy with my purchase. One star off though for the shipping. It allowed one bag to get tossed around until it split the paper wrapper and about one cup of flour was all over the inside of the box.

Hodgeson Mill, Old Fashioned Rye Flour

Posted by Reviewer2739810 on Apr 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The reason that I came on line to shop was the inability to find rye flour for my rye and pumpernickel breads. I live in a rural area and have limited access of stores to purchase food articles.Local stores are 10 to 20 miles away and do not carry rye flour.

EXCELLENT