It salvaged my teens self-esteem

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My 14 year old son suddenly started breaking out with acne all around his nose and forehead. He'd always religiously cleaned his face with various acne products to avoid such an occurance, but here it was anyway. He was mortified and begged me to find something to get rid of it. After trying numerous drug store products, I turned to iherb and read all descriptions and reviews. This one seemed like a good start and BOY, was it ever! His face is back to normal, with the exception of just a few tiny bumps that don't cause him much concern. He washes his face twice a day and applies this lotion and all is well. Highly recommended!

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This stuff saved my skin. I have really dry, acne-prone skin. About 6 months ago, out of nowhere, I started getting tons of tiny zits all over my forehead and *nothing* would get rid of them. I tried everything....changed shampoos, kept using my medications (Retin-A and Clenia), changed bcp...nothing helped. I was looking at products at iherb.com and stumbled upon this lotion (it's actually the consistency of a toner, not lotion) and decided to give it a try. Within a week my forehead was almost completely clear! What a relief. Another great aspect of this product is that it doesn't dry out my skin like a lot of other SA products do. I currently use this 2-3 times a day, usually just on my forehead. Definitely give this product a try...it's inexpensive and it works.

Nothing else has worked this well or this fast!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 06, 2006 | Verified Purchase

My son has tried every product on the market and he could feel a difference this very first day he used it. Its the ingredients that address the inflammation that really helped. All the products have the salicylic acid but this is the first product that had the added the anti-inflammatory aid.

Doesn´t work for hormonal acne

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am a 25 year old female and after I went off BCP I have started to suffer from really bad acne due to increased testosterone.This didn´t work for my hormonal acne. It didn´t reduce blackheads,whiteheads neither prevent cysts.Nothing. But it has a nice smell and I didn´t have any problems by using it. If you have hormonal acne, heal yourself from inside. Vitex, zinc and enzymes worked for me.

Best Natural Product Available

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've had a bad history with cystic-type acne as a child. Once I reached adult-hood my face was okay until my first child was born. My acne came back with the vengence. Trying the Home Health Blemish Lotion and Wash has been a gift from heaven. These products work! And I don't require oral medication like I used too, as well. I don't go anywhere without them!

Great for problem skin!

Posted by NaturalTat on Jun 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love this product! The first bottle is almost empty, have ordered my second one. This toner cleans the skin without drying it out. I would recommend it to those who have oily to combination skin and blemishes. Superb!

A good astringent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Over the past 5 years, I've developed a bad case of clogged pores. I purchased this product the first time at random at a health food store. The first week's use was pretty impressive; my pores appeared smaller and cleaner, the dirt that showed up on the cotton (after washing my face)was telling. As I've continued use, it seems the effectiveness has plateaued and even regressed a little. Also, my face looks shiny after use and my skin produces more oil, getting oilier than usual throughout the day (probably compensating for the degree of natural oils removed by the astringent. Even though it is not perfect (for me), I still made a second purchase on Iherb to stock up since it is an improvement from before when I did not use it. Someday, I hope I find something with greater effectiveness for my skin's clogged pores. Dec 5 2010 Update: I have found an alternate use for this product - If you use an epilator to remove hair from your legs, this stuff is great to put on afterward to reduce redness, irritation and ingrown hairs. Makes a big difference compared to when I don't use it. Azulene is good for this purpose to, to apply after the blemish lotion.

10 stars out of 5

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It is sooo perfect, hard to believe. Non alcoholic, doesn't dry and damage the skin. I use it twice a day when my skin is on strike and it helps curing pimples and prevents new ones. Skin becomes visibly clear, but not dry (I can repeat it 10 times - it does not dry the skin, but works). Try using it as application with small cotton pad and a patch overnight - you will be amazed by result. Nasty zits gave up and deflate ;) Definitely repurchase.

I am rarely suprised by products..

Posted by CristinaMaria on Mar 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

but this one did it for me. Im 22 years old, and since i was 12 I have struggled with acne. Not a really severe form like cystic acne, but close enough. This worked miracles for my acne, but not when doing it twice a day. I had to reapply many, many times troughout the day and since I wear a lot of makeup at work I did this only in the weekends. With my extreme use of this, it dried out my skin a bit and made it itch, but my wheatgerm-oil fixed that. All in all, I love this product and my first bottle is now EMPTY! Thanks again, iHerb.

Nice and fresh!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It's not really a lotion, but more like an astringent. It feels cool and tingly on the skin as it cleans deep down into the pores. I love this!