Plastic lid of unknown quality, after thorough washing gives off chemical scent

Posted by NutritionArts on Aug 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

You get what you pay for. The innards are steel (good), but the cover contains plastic and silicone of unknown composition (no data on BPS, BPF, BPA, phtalates and temperature resistance). After thorough washing with detergent and triple rinsing, the mug gives off a chemical/industrial smell with hot liquids (e.g. herbal tea). Into the trash bin it goes. Not worth risking your health just to save a few dollars. Buy something 100% ceramic or 100% steel, with no plastic parts.

cup has chemical smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

i love Iherb but the lid on this cup smells of chemicals. the chemical taste goes into my coffee and distorts the flavor. i recommend Iherb change the lid. there are too many health orientated people who order from this site to tarnish the Iherb with this minor item.

Not Portable! It leaks. Beverages taste horrible after washing plastic lid!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I do not know how this can be labeled a Travel Coffee Mug. It leaks from the lid. The lid is a health hazard! I noticed when I first washed the lid that something was strange. No matter how many times I rinsed, there was a foamy soapy residue on the lid. You'll waist a lot of water trying to rinse the soap off. I used the mug and noticed that my tea tasted a bit funny. I washed the Mug again. I shook the lid and I could hear some liquid dancing around. I think that some of the dish-washing liquid seeps in between the plastic and steel. It is not like I scrubbed away. I very lightly used a sponge to wash the lid. I also began to notice that water seeps in between the steel cup and acrylic outer cup. I could see the foamy soap through the plastic. I am grossed out to think that I drank dish-washing liquid with my beverages! I am glad I use non-toxic soap. I purchased three. All three do show signs of seepage. One more than the other two. It is possible that my mugs may have been defective. I am definitely not buying again. I love iherb. I do wish they would not put their brand name on such a defective mug.

Stylish and functional

Posted by Danesa on Sep 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I love the design of this. The seal of the lid is tight - nothing leaks. It's very easy to operate and fits nicely in my car's cup holder. Keeps hot or cold and best of all no metallic taste. I really like the styling and functionality of the mug.

Excellent Product

Posted by mighty on Aug 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Love this Travel mug, love it.

Excellent

Posted by alvinlky on Aug 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Convenient and a nice coffee cups.. worth it.

okay

Posted by dingdongtwid on May 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

got it for free last year, along with my first iherb purchase before iherb impose trial products cannot be free. been using it for quite sometime. but it needs to be thoroughly washed for the first time as it smells plasticky. after that it's good.

rusty mug

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

the first day of using this mug, i smelled something rusty(of course i washed it several times). and it is my 2nd day to use this product now I actually can see the rust inside of it. shame.

Great!

Posted by Iselena on Jan 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love it! It has a good quality. The most important is that this mug has no chemical/plastic smell.

Not very worth the money spent

Posted by Sweetx-Shorty on Sep 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I received it as a free sample so no complaints but a word of caution to people who are comtemplating on buying this: the depth of the small "hole" where you sip is quite deep. So, if you're one that likes to take small sips, it may be a bit messy.