Red Yeast Rice helps lower my cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2292865 on Nov 13, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After I spent months trying to lower my cholesterol with diet and exercise to no avail, I was put on a drug which immediately caused leg cramps and other side effects. I asked my doctor if I could try red yeast rice. He basically laughed and said, "Go ahead but you will be back for a drug." I changed doctors, began taking red yeast rice combined with CoQ10 and by the next checkup, my cholesterol had dropped from 237 to 164. I have since changed to this IP-6 brand and take a separate CoQ10. IP-6 Red Yeast Rice is grown and manufactured in the USA and is organic. It is also marked "Purity and Potency Guaranteed". I like these things about this particular one, a safer feeling, I guess.

Organic Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1735134 on Jun 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Fabulous. Organic, high quality. I started taking only 1- 600 mg capsule/day approx 6 months ago because I did not want to go on statin drugs. My chlostrol spring 2008 Health Fair results was 256. Spring 2009 after 6 months of one 600mg capsule/day 180!! Over 70 point drop. My physician was amazed. Definately would recommend this brand. I have read that you need to be careful of the quality of Red Yeast Rice because some brands are not high quality. This brand worked well for me!!!

IP-6 International, Organic Red Yeast Rice, Gold Lowers Cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer1209878 on Mar 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After I stopped taking the statin drug Zocor, my cholesterol went up to 205. After two months of taking just two caps of IP-6 International, Organic Red Yeast Rice, Gold a day my cholesterol went from 205 to 170. I am now taking three a day and I have complete confidence that with my next blood test my cholesterol readings will be even lower. I could not be happier with IP-6 International, Organic Red Yeast Rice, Gold. I feel that it is safe and has none of the horrible side effects of the statin drugs.

experiment

Posted by Reviewer2201414 on Nov 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this supplement because my nutritionist told me it was an effective way (along with omega oils, plenty of fiber & avoiding hydrogenated fats) to reduce cholesterol. My total cholesterol has gone done about 50 points over 6 months. But lately I've had gas and bloating. A week after stopping, the bloating has gone away. Maybe there just needs to be off time occasionally.

The ip-6 red yeast rice product

Posted by Reviewer3014676 on Apr 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I looked around and mostly online and found this product to be exactly what I was.looking for, no fillers,binders, toxic tag alongs made in the USA. I am always looking for the elite products and for this one I am very happy. It's a keeper/ thanks, John Naperville il

IP-6 Organic Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1728708 on Jan 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

An excellent product I highly recommend.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2270900 on Sep 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Best one for cholestrol

Very good product.

Posted by Reviewer1730311 on Sep 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Also Arrived very quickly. I hope next time there will be more than one serving option (I prefer 120 caps of 1200mg instead of 120 caps of 600mg each).

excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1106421 on Mar 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My cholesterol dropped alot when I took 1 capsule twice daily. It is part of my protocol w/ low fat diet & exercise. I would continue to reorder this product. One of the better companies that doesn't hadd fillers, binders, etc.

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1362975 on Apr 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

For years I have been on Statins (Lipitor 20 mg) I stopped taken them a couple years back... Decided to get the cholesterol tested again in December of 2011, I was at 256 total cholesterol... I was recomended to start with a few differant products to control the cholesterol. This IP6 RYR and a pharmaceutical grade Omega 3 along with a cholesterol blocker. I am living proof you can get good readings with the right product. At the end of March 2012... My cholesterol reading are now better, than when I was on Statins.. I am at 136, a 120 point drop, I am amazed and now I am a believer. Guess now my body is processing foods better. Thank you

1 2