A bad joke - "Original Formula" with new formula! -_-

Posted by Reviewer2770313 on Oct 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This shampoo bar was my "holy grail" for hair care for 2 or 3 years - and I don't use this phrase very often! No need to use conditioners, neither too drying nor too rich. Cared and left the hair really clean. Too much oil left from an overnight oil mask? No problem. To dry caused by whatever? No problem. One bar lasts a really long time - cheaper than any liquid shampoo ever. And I used it daily. This was before J.R. Liggett's decided to change the ingredients of this awesome solid shampoo. How silly is it to change the ingredients original formula and still call it "original"?! I've ordered two bars, the picture and the description hadn't changed - but two bars of the "new old formula" arrived. I thought "Oh, a new packaging" and used it like ever before. But I didn't get the care & it has a different smell than before. At the Liggett's website the new packaging and ingredients are available, here at iherb are still the old ones, so no one knows that the new formula will arrive. -_- The shampoo bar with these new ingredients doesn't clean as good and doesn't care as balanced as the old formula. My hair is a bit too oily and this gets even stronger half a day after washing. My mom was a great fan of the old original formula, too. I gave her the new one to test if it only my hair doesn't like the new formula. She was as afraid as I was. We don't use this new formula soap bar anymore. The manufacturer doesn't reply to a facebook post I wrote some months ago. It's really frustrating! We still haven't found another liquid or solid shampoo bar that works as good as Liggett's old original formula. :-/

Lots of lather

Posted by Reviewer1830999 on Jul 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This shampoo bar is AMAZING. Seriously better than a shampoo liquid. I am a convert!

Soft skin

Posted by Reviewer1959352 on Jun 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Although billed as a shampoo, I find this product great as a soap - keeps skin very soft and moisturised.

Great shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1416719 on Dec 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I never thought a bar of soap could lather and get my hair clean. This product is great and I do not need conditioner.

Bar Soap

Posted by Reviewer1141926 on Jun 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Great lather, easy to travel with on plane, last a long time.

Nice shampoo bar

Posted by Reviewer1789345 on May 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have hard water ( I've found that to be a big issue with other natural shampoos ) but this one worked fine. I did need a little conditioning afterwards ~ a drop or two of avocado oil was all I needed. I would buy this again.

simple, effective, no-frills...perfect for me.

Posted by Hong Kong Hibernian on Dec 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

what more can I write? I turn the bar in my wet hands once or twice and that's enough to produce lots of lathery suds. I've hardly reduced the size of the bar in over two months of use! Leaves hair squeaky clean.

Best shampoo bar I've tried

Posted by Reviewer1005268 on Nov 05, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My experience with shampoo bars is fairly limited, but I like this one the best. Scent was very nice, and it lathered well. I still used conditioner afterward, though (needed the extra conditioning and detangling). Thumbs up on no animals ingredients or testing.

much better than mos bottled shampoos

Posted by Reviewer2302029 on Jul 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

wow, i might never go back to a regular shampoo again. this was great, didn't dry my hair out at all (it's curly) and smelled very natural and nice. if i were to criticize it i would say it takes a little more time to rinse out than regular shampoo, but it's worth a try if you're still looking for a shampoo you really like - it might not be in a bottle.

not bad, not bad at all

Posted by Reviewer2169688 on Jun 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Cleans well but be careful not to get any into your eyes! It burns intensively. After rinsing my hair feels very dry but once it has dried, it doesn't anymore. No conditioner needed with my long thick hair.