Updated Review

Posted by ThinkingforMyself on Aug 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Update to review below: I am lowering my rating to two stars because my mother mentioned that my hair has been looking greasy lately. I thought that this and the bar with argan oil were doing a good job, although I still had days that my hair felt like straw even with the apple cider vinegar rinse, but I thought at least I was doing something good for it. My mother commented that since I've been using this, my hair has looked greasy. I'm now going to look for something else. I found a way that I can use this shampoo bar without turning my hair to oily straw. Instead of spraying the apple cider vinegar rinse on, I poured about 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar into a medium sized bowl, filled the rest with water, and dipped my hair into it, and poured the remaining rinse over my roots. I did not wash it out. Now my hair is soft and shiny. Original review: My hair looks and feels terrible after using this several times. I'm still going to try it for a while, because maybe it takes time to get used to. But my hair feels like straw on the bottom, and oily in places at the roots. I miss my Giovanni shampoo and conditioner so much, but I'm trying to completely avoid estrogenic ingredients like phenoxyethanol and certain essential oils (see Dr. Peter Eckhart if you're confused). J.R. Liggett's customer service is a bit weird, too. I phoned them to ask if their shampoo bar for damaged hair contains certain essential oils. They returned my call while I was out, so I emailed, explaining the situation. Instead of at least replying that the bar does or does not contain the essential oils I'm trying to avoid, they reacted as if I'm trying to steal their recipe. Paranoid much? I'm going to try their argan oil bar to see if that's an improvement on this one, but this whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I just want to find a shampoo bar that works for me. I have long, fine, colour treated hair (brunette), btw, the kind that tangles hopelessly every time I set foot outside. Not sure if that's why this soap doesn't work so well or not. I also have been following it with an apple cider vinegar rinse.

awesome

Posted by Reviewer2998813 on Jan 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Childrens hair feels great. Softer and feels cleaner. Have used it long enough to know the difference.

Good enough

Posted by Reviewer1776535 on Jul 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product is not bad, but my hair looked bit dull. Anyway, it's great for travelling and I think about simply buying other Liggett's type of shampoo bar.

Love it

Posted by 5411149039558053420 on Sep 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Love this stuff, cleanses my hair despite it was tricky to start with as my hair felt waxy for the first two weeks, now is the best shampoo ever combined with a boar brush, will buy again and try different formulas

Best shampoo

Posted by 5378930949313933801 on Jul 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This shampoo is amaizing, I recommend all J.R. Liggett's Old-fashioned shampoos. Hair feels so much cleaner and better after you stop using regualr shampoo and only this. I don't even need conditioner anymore.

Good enought

Posted by 5020508882474442848 on Jun 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My hair is short but squeaky clean and I don't need any conditioner. It seems to keep clean longer.

My shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1763080 on Mar 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This leaves my hair squeaky clean, I damaged with no coated feeling. Highly Recommend. Liquid natural shampoo weighed down my hair and lamed my clean hair feel oily. Love this bar shampoo. I am now using my liquid shampoo as a body wash.

very good

Posted by 4962118439715592873 on Feb 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Clasic shampoo is past

does the job

Posted by Reviewer1511810 on Aug 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

easy to use cleans hair really well doesn't make your hair oily

I love it !

Posted by 4659994802141606750 on Jul 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I really love this shampoo ! I love the smell. I love my hair since I use it. I love the fact that I do not have to use a conditionner everytime I wash my hair. (and I have curly & coloured & dry hair) I will definitely bui it again (and again).

1 2 3