Growth of new neurites.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking ALCA in combination with ALCAR, as the two different forms are synergistic. Individually they both possess the ability to stimulate new neurite growth, however together they are far more potent. Another winning combo for neurite growth is Uridine/Choline/DHA, which has the ability to increase intellect within gerbils, and no doubt in humans as well.

Alca alCa aLca

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

prefer this over regular acetyl l car. think fast and sharp with loads of energy on top. my muscles rebound better after workouts too. pair this with a little r lipoic and coQ10 and youll be ready to take on the world

Good help with multitasking

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 31, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I find this product really helps my brain with multitasking. I own a store and my to-do list is always a mile long and my reasoning process seems clearer after using Alca 500, enabling me to make better a faster decisions.

Very effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This stuff definitely gets the mitochondria pumping in short order, with all of the associated benefits. It crosses the blood brain barrier well and helps recharge the body's antioxidant systems. People on dialysis should take it right after dialysis because some studies have shown that the body's own supply is depleted after dialysis. Very effective with Alpha lipoic acid and omega 3 fatty acid combination. Acetyl l carnitine transports fatty acids across blood brain barrier to mitochondria, alpha lipoic acid involved of transport of fatty acid into mitochondria (and also potent antioxidant that supports mitochondrial function, and the omega 3 is either the fuel or helps pump the system once inside, not sure exactly which. Just be careful not to push it too hard; I find it more effective to use when stressed and worn down. Be careful with this combination if you are diabetic because it can drive your blood sugar down if you are type II, probably by increasing the muscle's ability to react to insulin, probably through mitochondrial output, but that is a guess. Oh, for those who do not know what a mitochondria is, it is power company of each of your body's cells. If your body does not have enough energy to maintain itself, it starts to degrade and you can have low energy, poor memory, depression, and other illnesses as a result.

Great energy booster.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Works well with time released alpha lipoic acid.

Best Value at this date

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This Jarrow Acetyl L-Carnitine Arginate is the best price I have found for this type of AL-Carnitine.

Good Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Almost immediately after using this product I seem to have more stable energy. I have CFS and this will still have to be tested over time.

Not good for my low blood pressure...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

though I should have done more homework on the product. Be careful with Arginate if you do have low blood pressure.

Misleading Front cover and name

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Please note that the 500 printed on the front label and used in the name is not the actual amount of Arginate, but the total weight of the capsule. I was taking Life Extension's Arginate product before, they are large capsules that provide 320mg of Arginate per capsule. I thought this would be more efficient and save me from having to take 3-4 capsules to 2-3 capsules. However as soon as I opened it and saw what tiny capsules are inside I knew it was a lie. I emailed Jarrow about this who pretended to not understand what I was saying. Below is what they wrote: Thanks for your inquiry. 500 mg. is the total weight. The amount of acetyl l-carnitine provided (elemental amount) listed on the back of the bottle's Nutrition Facts Panel is 200 mg.

Quality Product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Depending on your needs for nitrogen this product should satisfy your basic requirements. This product seems to help my teenage son in dealing with ADD.

1 2 3 4