Working adaptogen

Posted by Reviewer1331472 on Aug 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I take 2 per night, and it's fine if taken during the day as well. - It works as an adaptogen and general upregulating anti-oxidant (upregulating our own antioxidant systems) - It's a GABA-mimetic, so it should induce relaxation to some degree. - The Withanolide content is HIGH = induces neuronal growth and synaptic regeneration - It's a mild acetylcholinesterase inhibitor = more choline - Seems to increase T4-to-T3 thyroid hormone conversion Once one gets the dose and timing dialed in, and adjusts to the sedation (present in some people), it seems like a good choice.

excellent adaptogen

Posted by Reviewer3260843 on Nov 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Ashwaganda supports the liver, thyroid, adrenals- helps with sleep- have found my energy coming back since I began this product.

Ever-worsening exhaustion much improved!

Posted by Reviewer2319370 on May 04, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have severe arthritis that entailed increasing exhaustion even after just going grocery shopping, for example. This product has given me a new lease on life. I have a lot more energy and feel a great deal better, though I still have arthritis.

Fixed my psoriasis

Posted by Reviewer1643665 on May 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I had psoriasis on both head and body (on the head for a decade.) Two capsules of this product before breakfast got rid of all the plaques on my body; small amount recurred on one elbow after a while, but it's nothing like as bad as it was. On the head is not so bad either. Use of topical steroids much less. Easier to keep calm too. This product is on my must-have list!

Linda

Posted by Reviewer2357751 on May 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Seemed to help with my allergies ... then for some reason I stopped taking it and allergies came back.

Best ashwagandha

Posted by Reviewer2894242 on Oct 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Best ashwagandha availabele here. Before I tried ashwagandha from paradise herb, but it was not working for me. This one work fine!

Levelled blood sugar

Posted by Reviewer2258148 on Apr 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this for about a year. Was seriously hypoglycemic for 2+ decades prior. Now am not. Ashwagandha and rhodiola are the only major and consistent changes I made during the time.

Works

Posted by Reviewer2940091 on Sep 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Helps with stress. Very relaxing.

anti-anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1650783 on Nov 28, 2007 | Verified Purchase

natural anti-anxiety relief. used by the Hindus for years.

Not as effective as i thought

Posted by 4748136241622875611 on Sep 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I used Planetary Herbals before this and it was far better. I decided to take these because of the quantity and the Sensoril extract, which is supposed to be the key in Ashwaghandha effect. I suffer from anxiety and insomnia, i take one per day, almost every day for the last 3 months. I feel even more anxious, though it's GABA mimetic and it supposed to have a calmimg effect. I felt much better with Planetary Herbals. I am a fan of Jarrow but this one just doesn't work for me.