Helped my memory and concentration A LOT!

Posted by danarm on Jul 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have taken 2 g (8 caps) of Citicoline for 30 days. My memory has improved noticeably. Also, my thinking speed seems to be increased. According to research, Citicoline crosses the BBB (blood brain barrier) easily (unlike lecithine which can't cross the BBB easily), helps you rebuild the brain and also increases the dopamine receptor density. This makes you benefit more from your own dopamine neurotransmitter. Because of increasing dopamine action, Citicoline helps you decrease your cravings for foods. It also makes me feel good and energetic, it gives a subtle but pleasant feeling. I don't want the insane stimulation that Piracetam, Aniracetam or Pramiracetam gives. I want a nootropic which helps me keep my brain healthy long-term. Citicoline fulfills that purpose well. An alternative to Citicoline is Alpha GPC, which has a somewhat different effect. Alpha GPC is a growth hormone and GABA secretagogue, and makes you more quiet. Alpha GPC also helps with the gray hair. However, Citicoline remains my favorite.

can't live without

Posted by kanaca on Nov 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I take this in the morning on an empty stomach, with Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Pantethine and a little aniracetam. Boosts focus. Then I support it with NeuroOptimizer during the day. I need it for congition after suffering from Vally Fever and Chronic Fatigue

Thanks for the Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was told about Citicoline and since I have been using it, I am more aware and focused on things and remembering details and memories. It feels good to be quick with your mind again. I would recommend this to everyone as part of their daily regimen.

Wake up

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This seems to be a good and viable product. I have used Gingko for years but all the recent studies call to stop using it as there is no evidence that it works as described.

Nice product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

When I take this, it seems like the synapses in my brain fire like they did in the good old days, when I was getting straight A's in college.

Just what I had been looking for...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My job is mentally demanding and I lacked the metal edge I need to perform. Citicoline, brings back more mental alertness which is great to have. I really like this product. My only down side is taking 2 capsules per day as 'allowed' by the package labeling, I have trouble sleeping. also the effect of the Citicoline on me is subtle and not exactly night and day.

Citicoline

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Seems to have helped my wife's memory after about 1 month. I've been on it 2 weeks now.

Adverse Reaction

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I regret that I did not see any benefit while taking this product. The only adverse reaction I had was tachycardia while taking this drug. This reaction stopped when I discontinued the therapy. To confirm this reaction I started and stopped the therapy several times and the adverse reaction started and stopped each time. I am a retired clinical pharmacist.

Neutral - No Change

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My wife (53) & I (59) have been taking this new supplement daily for almost a month now, but neither of us feel that we have noticed any change, good or bad. Perhaps a longer test time, or a different formula might yield different results.

I am better with this product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase