Beyond 5 stars

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I'm really blown away by what D-Ribose can do and can't imagine going without it. It feels like one of the most important puzzle pieces out there for people struggling with energy, mitochondrial, and pain issues. It was named in many articles over the years, but I thought it sounded too good to be true--and I already had so many supplements to take, so I never gave it a try. It's affordable, easy to take, has no side-effects (and I get side-effects from almost everything), and gives your body the type of energy assistance it needs, instead of fad supplements/cure-alls. It's a great replacement for sugar or chocolate treats that I used to use to give me the energy to prepare healthy meals, or if I had to go without a meal due to a long day or travel. The benefits were literally immediate for me, keeping me from being bedridden for several days after an exertion. Anyone with serious ME/CFS knows this cycle, and how difficult it is to avoid crashing over the smallest things. It does amazing things for the fibro flares that used to follow minor physical exertions for me as well. I used it just here-and-there for the first month, but now take it more regularly, and haven't had a post-exertional crash episode since then. Unlike a lot of other supplements that require energy from the body to use, this one seems to take the load off of the body. Anyone with moderate-to-severe POTS may want to give this a try. It has helped me considerably--probably took about 2 months to really feel a difference--and lowered my heart rate and helped reduce the tachycardia. To say I'm thrilled and amazed at what D-Ribose can do is putting it lightly! I really can't say enough good things about this product, and Jarrow is a brand I have trusted for years. A sincere thank you to iherb and Jarrow for making this affordable and simple to buy!

Can't be without

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I mix this with my creatine and it makes the creatine work 4-5 hours longer. I use this mixed with creatine to fight a muscle illness. the 2 together put in the capsules have me off a cane and dancing. great products.

Good product but not for me

Posted by Jodi-Hummingbird on Jun 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I started taking ribose early 2012 as part of Dr Stephen Sinatra's 'awesome foursome of cardiovascular health' (along with magnesium, carnitine and CoQ10) and because it was recommended by Dr Sherry Rogers for those with poor mitochondrial function. When I take CoQ10 (especially the reduced ubiquinol form), carnitine and magnesium it makes me feel more well. Less ill and like my body is struggling less with basic functions. I sleep better and longer, and my heartbeat feels stronger and less flutterly and weak, it takes more to bring me to a point of overexertion and if I do still seriously overexert, these things very much stop the relapse from being as severe and scary. (I have severe cardiac problems and neurological problems partly caused by poor mitochondrial function.) Even at higher doses of these things (plus B complex and vitamin C), they never feel anything like taking a stimulant would and never keep me awake or make me agitated. But I have found ribose to be quite different. I started ribose at a dose of 1 - 2 grams a day for about 2 weeks. I didn't feel much at this dose so I went slowly up to a 5 gram a day dose. After a few days I began to feel strange and a bit unrestful and anxious, but I wasn't sure if it was the ribose causing it so I kept going. The next day or two I knew something was really off and wrong. I couldn't sleep until 5 in the morning, found it really hard to get in a restful state of mind and spent hours so physcially tense that I was a hairs bredth away from gringing my teeth - something I have never done before or since. The pressure in my jaw just huge. No amount of mediation helped with the sleeping or the jaw tensing either. It was obviously a physical effect form the ribose that I had to wait to wear off. It felt like I had taken a huge dose of slow-release caffeine (or an illegal stimulant), but one which had a cumulative effect and built day by day. Took 3 days to wear off. 4 times I tried it, same thing happened.

Jarrow Formulas, Ribose Muscle Edge

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I take this plus L-Carnitine Fumarate 500, coq10 50mg, and magnesium for my heart and the pain is gone. Excellent product

RIBOSE Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Since I began taking the Ribose powder, I have noticed an increase in energy and stamina. Being a person with severe cardiomyopathy, my energy level was very low. Now, I am able to get enough rest at night to allow me to stay awake all day!

Gives dad energy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I give dad 6 to 10 grams of this a day to help with CHF, per Dr. Sinatra's Solution. He is reacting favorably to it. I am wanting to try it for my diabetes, but am saving my supply for dad right now. This is just the best price I could find. Always iHerb is tops on prices and quality. Thanks, Steve and team.

quality

Posted by CIPRIAN on Aug 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

looks good. but i wonder if my heart stings came from it. otherwise, i notice energy boost (gentle)

Very helpful

Posted by DawnMellowship on May 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

As a sufferer of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I have found D-Ribose very helpful in giving me extra energy and just getting me through the day. It's been found to be effective at aiding muscle and heart recovery after exercise. It also serves as a sweetener pretty well. I often put it in smoothies or electrolyte drinks to give me a boost. This is not that cheap for the money, you can get it cheaper elsewhere but does the job.

GREAT

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Helps after workout with soar muscles. Works fast. Taste sweet. You dont have to use alot of it very effective

For extra energy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2007 | Verified Purchase

According to research, ribose helps with heart energy. I give my Airedale terrier who has congestive heart failure a small spoonful everyday with her breakfast - seems to help with her energy level (along with coq10)